Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 07:26 PM   #11
Dajjer
The Magister

Hey MuffinGirl

The last season of Enterprise was good and this current season is Great. Seriously. Ask anyone who is watching the show this year. I know its hard to believe due to all the screwups in the first two years but the show is really good.

And they are trying to "fix" cannon in this season. Right now Enterprise is tackling the issue of why the TOS Klingons had human forheads as opposed to the ridges that we all know. And if you remember the line Worf through out a few years back about "we don't like to talk about it". Well these new writers on Enterprise have expanded on that line and it all makes sense.

It's too bad Enterprise blew all the goodwill they had with StarTrek fans and now most are glad the show is being cancelled. But I was one of the biggest detractor and saw much improvement in year 3 and will now say this season of Enterprise is as good as any other Trek show.

And btw Dreamer128, this season they did do a show on how the Federation might have started. The three episode story arc was perfect. It didn't show the absolute beginning of the Federation, it just layed the ground work. Very well done.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:51 PM   #12
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I know the line from the star trek novels was that the Klingons had crossbred 1/2humans to deal with humans (and a similar race was also created for dealing with romulans) so that they would never see the "true" Klingons and would've instead dealt with something more similar to thier own race. This sadly was destroyed completely in DS9 after Gene died when they brought back the original Klingons now with head-ridges. (Gene Roddenbery of course always said that Klingons should've always had the head ridges, but budgetting didn't allow for the make-up) Still if you're going to try and reason it out without resorting to "it doesn't exist" tactics, or having the crew fail to notice the 1/2breed solution works pretty well.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Reason it is better now is that Manny Coto is doing the stories. Even the cast see the difference in writing, and like it.

Brannon and Berman need to be put out to pasture. They have lost 'it'.

Bring in Ron Moore from Battlestar! He's a killer writter.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 01:37 AM   #14
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I'd read somewhere that Straczinsky (sp?) the guy who did Babylon 5 wants to do the next Trek, could be pretty cool, since he was turned down before (hence the reason why he made B5 instead of an earlier Trek).
Old 02-25-2005, 11:44 AM   #15
Dajjer
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
. Even the cast see the difference in writing, and like it.

Brannon and Berman need to be put out to pasture. They have lost 'it'.

That's good to hear. That tells me that if the show does get cancelled (I'm an optimist, what can I say), they're not going to mail in their final performances and it will be even more incentive to pick up this season on DVD.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote