Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-24-2001, 12:54 PM   #1
DeTRiTiC-iQ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Are there any secrets in BG2 that can only be accessed by editing game files? I heard that you can get the Collectors CD shopkeepers by editing files... I also heard that there is a hidden kit... Any truth to these rumours? Are there any other cool secrets?
Old 03-24-2001, 01:06 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

To answer you:

1. You can access all you are supposed to access without editing any game files.
2. There is a hidden kit, but you can't use it till the expansion anyway.
3. You can go to www.teambg.com and download the Bonus Shopkeepers override to give you the Dierdre and Joluv, the 2 bonus shopkeepers.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-24-2001, 01:18 PM   #3
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

the hidden kit is called a wild mage, uses wild magic. theres a hidden NPC called artemis entreri (i think thats spelt wrong) he's a thief with a very low AC (-12) very good thief in genral also i've found some special areas using infinaty engine they ask for a disk 6 to look at them (for Throne of Bhaal perhaps) (if you're wondering why disk 6 not 5 its because they originally made BG2 with 5 disks but compressed it down to 4) theres also a bunch of graphic bmp (picture) files that ask for disk 6 and some mos files thats all i know of
Old 03-24-2001, 05:13 PM   #4
Entreri
Manshoon

Artemis Entreri ?? My Hero !! Will he be an NPC in the Throne of Bhaal ? That's mean, we can have it in our party ? He is a very good damn Assassin. The equal in sword wielding of Drizz't Himself. I did see something while playing with the infinity editor about him but that's all. Damn it, I want to kill him and take his dagger !!!

------------------

Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Old 03-25-2001, 12:29 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Entreri:
Artemis Entreri ?? My Hero !! Will he be an NPC in the Throne of Bhaal ? That's mean, we can have it in our party ? He is a very good damn Assassin. The equal in sword wielding of Drizz't Himself. I did see something while playing with the infinity editor about him but that's all. Damn it, I want to kill him and take his dagger !!!

Type in CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("artemis"); in your CLUA Console to make Artemis appear. He won't be too happy. When he appears make sure the game is paused and then press CTRL-Q when the cursor is over him. You will then get him to join your group.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame