Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

PLEASE NOTE

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hello all! Sorry, I may have kicked a Klorox thread off the front page, but the Cafe needed a little remodeling work.

My goodness! Did one of you buy Klorox a subscription to "Weird news you should post, weekly?" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just teasing here.. but we can't let Cafe business drop- too many cups of coffee made already! Besides, I want a new sofa for the back corner, I think SomeGuy's penguins dropped something behind the current one and it doesn't smell like M&M's, that's for sure! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Heya cloudy! Morning all! By the time i finish typing this, it probably won't be the first post but what they hey, it'll be close.

I have a question for those who may have been shoved into a dead-end night shift job. How did you fare rotating back into life?..

I doubt anyone would've noticed, but in the last two weeks, i've been visiting IW at any and all times of day and night. Two weeks ago i was promoted back to life from my nightshift job (i got sacked, thanks a million for IR Johnny boy! Getting away from that company was almost worth forfeiting my written/verbal warnings and two weeks notice/severance )

Anyhoo, since then i've found it very difficult getting my eating, sleeping and living patterns back to normal. I was only at the job for 7 weeks and although the transition into night shift was smooth enough, i can't get off it. I've tried oversleeping and undersleeping and artificially induced chronic undersleeping but as soon as i feel like i'm back on a regular cycle, my body takes over and, within the space of a day, i do a spectacular reversal. I already know the answer to my problem, a normal job, but until then, what can i do? What have others done in my situation?

Ed: IR = Industrial Reform. Johnny boy = Prime minister. Not THE Johnny.

[ 05-28-2007, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Sever ]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #5
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
You could try Jet LAg. fly somewhere very far away. THe time wil lthen suit you, not the other way around.

of course, this does mean leaving everything behind, so its not perfect perhaps (unless you go somehwere with nice beaches, beer and girls, then it is perfect)

Well, life here is totally boring, and our poor kitten has been sick We took her to the vet who said it was nothing (vomiting blood is nothing?!?) but she isnt getting better, so we are quite worried about her.

Hey Cloudy, i havent been keeping up with the play, but how is it with your awful workmate gone? have they replaced her with someone with a veneer of competence? for your sake, i hope so!
Old 05-28-2007, 06:58 PM   #6
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

*eyes close and drift off into dreamy wonderland at the thought of a holiday* [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]

*presented with an image of the bank balance by subconscious mind* [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Hello guys! I havent posted up in the cafe in forever. Did you get new beverages?

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:38 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

That sucks Sever. Yeah I'd say maybe people who travel a lot and know about jetlag may have dealt with similar scenarios and maybe can relate and help you? Unfortunately, I can't, but maybe someone else will post about it. It sounds like you have done all the things I would have tried myself, except for one thing, i.e., taking Sominex or some other sleep aid that anyone can get without a prescription. I mean, they do make you tired, so I'd try that for at least a week or two. No more than that but who knows, maybe it would get you back on track.

I dunno, I'm no expert on anything by all means LOL, but just wanted to toss in my thoughts. I really hope you can get your normal sleep routine back again. I myself have a great internal clock, I never use an alarm clock, I always wake up when I need to, even when something unusual comes up and I need to get up extra early. Perhaps you are the same way, and your internal clock just grasped that night shift really well LOL, and so now it's really just a matter of time before you can get it back to what it was before. Time always fixes everything, you just need to re-adjust your very reliable strong internal clock again, just give it more time.

Of course that sounds kinda silly, but hey, you never know. It has been a nice long 3 day weekend for me, weee. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Well, I'll vouch that no M&Ms have ever escaped the cafe in one piece...

Congrats/condolences on the job, Sever. It's always good to get out of a bad situation.

As for getting yourself back from the graveyard shift, what's your schedule like now? I *suspect* that if you go for a week with getting up at 7AM and refusing to go to sleep until 10PM, you'll get yourself back in sync. The hours aren't fixed, BTW... just a relatively random setting. If you wake up at 4AM, just stay in bed until 7 (or whatever). [img]graemlins/sleeping.gif[/img]

And no knocks on Klorox... I read a lot of wierd news every day, and share it on occasion. He's just sharing a bit more frequently...

As for me... down another three this past week, making 37-1/2 pounds so far. This past weekend (Memorial Day) has been rough... too many things going on in our neighborhood, and the odds are pretty good I slacked on Saturday

Back into the swing of things now, though, and it's amazing how yard work can become more attractive when it earns you points... far more valuable than attractive landscaping, lemmetellya!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DrowArchmage:
Hello guys! I havent posted up in the cafe in forever. Did you get new beverages?
What new beverages? Who said? When? Where? LOL. I have some mixed fruit or some such flavored new Pepsi in the fridge. Bought it this weekend, haven't tried it yet. Every time some new flavored soda comes out I have to at least give it a try. I dunno if I'll like a fruity flavored Pepsi though, but I'll find out.

I'm actually kinda disappointed that The Vault (by Mt. Dew) is starting to disappear from stores now. I really like that soda. It tastes like one of those foot long flavored ice sticks you get in the summer, the green one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote