Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-17-2004, 11:45 PM   #1
Ehrys
Manshoon

My wife wants a dog... I wouldn't mind having a dog, but we both can't decide on a dog that would be good for both of us. Plus, we aren't that "dog-literate". I just know I don't want something that could be mistaken for a shaggy football.

Anyone got any thoughts/ ideas?
Old 04-17-2004, 11:56 PM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Well depends, are you looking for an inside or outside dog? Good inside dogs are beagles and weenie dogs. Good outside dogs are Labs and german shepards. Watch dogs, pit bulls, labs, and german shepards are great.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 04-18-2004, 12:15 AM   #3
Ehrys
Manshoon

Umm.. is there such a thing as both an inside and an outside dog?
Old 04-18-2004, 12:28 AM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
What size property (land and or building) do you live in/on?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 04-18-2004, 12:49 AM   #5
Spirits forever

hmmm.it doesn't really mateter. you should get an English sheperd dogs...(the fluffy ones) they are the best... well not if it is really warm where you are then i would recommend, hmm....an australian Cattle dog.. (we know aussie dogs are the best there are ...well besides the english one )

well have fun these are my recomendations [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2004, 01:16 AM   #6
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Howabout a Jack Russell?
Old 04-18-2004, 03:48 AM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

it depends on where you live as well.. in a house? apartment? neiberhood that dont like dogs barking .. so many factors.

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-18-2004, 08:07 AM   #8
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Well I have a lab and a springer spaniel. The spaniel has a lot of energy and is taken round the field etc. several times a day. If you dont want to have to do so much walking (although you still have to do some) then id recommend a lab. They are good natured and fun, and also they can sit inside for a while without getting really bored and being annoying. Thats my tip
Old 04-18-2004, 09:05 AM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I read in a dog magazine that dobermans are the best if there are children in the house, because they are really loving to the kids. Dobermans get a bad rep. from trainers that train them for killing and stuff, but the article said that dobermans are very loving and friendly. If I had a dog, and wanted my kids protected...that is what I would get. They are also extremely smart.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:17 AM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

For a guard dog, Rotwiler can be excellent in keeping everyone out of your compound ( I mean literally ). So if you want peace and quiet without being bothered by people. get one.

However, rumuors has it that if you feed Rotwiler with human blood. Their eyes will turn red and they will become one hell of a guard dog.