Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-12-2004, 01:59 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Asterix is my all time favorite, but basically i read everything i can get my hands on.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #12
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

The seventy's and early eighty's versions of the Avengers, The X-Men, Spider-Man, etc.

Mostly the Marvel titles, but I did love DC's the Justice League back then, too.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:22 PM   #13
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Asterix is my all time favorite,
Oh yeah! Asterix kicks ass! Has anyone ever read the special edition one which is a gamebook based on D&D, with dice rolling and stuff? Great spin-off...

Ooooooh, Beano... Brings back bad memories... I bought so many that I was running out of storage space so my mum put them in the attic! Either that or she chucked them out. Yeah, I know what you mean - laughing at comics is hard and very rarely happens. I mean, they're funny and enjoyable buy you just can't laugh for some reason...

Oh and my dad is insisting that I mention 'Beezer'...
Old 04-12-2004, 07:35 PM   #14
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Used to be a big fan of Spiderman & the Phantom.
Still have a huge pile of Mad comics as well
Old 04-12-2004, 09:41 PM   #15
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

I, too, love Asterix - also TinTin. Haven't read 'em in years though.

Currently, I follow Planetary, The Authority, and Global Frequency
Old 04-12-2004, 11:27 PM   #16
Nerull
Lord Ao

Started out liking both DC and Marvel, but moved on to mostly Marvel. I started with Superman, Batman, and the Justice League ones on the DC side. Spiderman and the Hulk on the Marvel side. However, once I read my first X-Men comic I was hooked on them hard. I used to have subscriptions (anyone else remember waiting for those "brown wrapped" comics that would come in?), and got the X-Men one by accident (the one where Dark Phoenix returns to Earth, and Professor X suppresses the Phoenix Force, right before the final battle where Phoenix dies). I immediately blew my allowance subscribing to it. Those were the days...

I have both Secret Wars series (the first was much better than the second one) along with a large number of X-series ones. My old Spidey, etc. ones are long gone, probably thrown out by my father at this point.

Oh, does anyone else remember that limited series DC one called Camelot 3000. I still love that one...
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 04-12-2004, 11:59 PM   #17
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Ahh yes Asterix, I like to read it too. Though the boar feast at the end really make me mouth watery.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:24 PM   #18
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
Started out liking both DC and Marvel, but moved on to mostly Marvel. I started with Superman, Batman, and the Justice League ones on the DC side. Spiderman and the Hulk on the Marvel side. However, once I read my first X-Men comic I was hooked on them hard. I used to have subscriptions (anyone else remember waiting for those "brown wrapped" comics that would come in?), and got the X-Men one by accident (the one where Dark Phoenix returns to Earth, and Professor X suppresses the Phoenix Force, right before the final battle where Phoenix dies). I immediately blew my allowance subscribing to it. Those were the days...

I have both Secret Wars series (the first was much better than the second one) along with a large number of X-series ones. My old Spidey, etc. ones are long gone, probably thrown out by my father at this point.

Oh, does anyone else remember that limited series DC one called Camelot 3000. I still love that one...
I am still into comics. Been collecting since I was like 7 years old. My dad used to bring some of them from Germany. He was stationed there for a long time (Army.) I guess that's why I got into them so much. I didn't really have a dad around too much, and I did have the comics he brought home with him. I still have the VERY 1st comic I ever got. It was an Aladdin of the Lamp comic from Comics Illustrated Junior. Well, I quickly got into DC Comics back then. Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, the Justice League. It wasn't until I graduated from high school that I gave Marvel comics a chance. I grew up around the early years of the Silver age. Too bad I didn't (my parent's didn't) buy up every comic from back then. Well, I got out of comics (pretty much anyways,) when I went into the Navy. I didn't have time or storage for them. Then, shortly after I got out of the Navy in 89, I got married in 91. Because of certain decisions during my marriage, I elected to sell off most of my comic books (too much of a can of worms to try and open here.) Well, I moved around a lot and got divorced in 97 (actually separated in 94 though.) After the divorce, I started to collect comics again. Although there were some good stories through this timeframe, comics had just changed too much for me to want to get back into. So, I decided to try and collect the origins of some of the heroes I had read about. My Golden Age search had begun. I'm still collecting from time to time, but because of the cost of some of these issue (most are from the early 50's back to the late 30's,) I can't get too many at a time. My favorite issue so far is Superman #16. The oldest issue that I have is Adventures #27 though. [img]smile.gif[/img] I have liked the newer Spiderman though (Ultimate Spider-Man.) Other than that, I really don't collect too much new stuff.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:33 PM   #19
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

My all time favorite is definetly the Punisher. Next come Daredevil, then Justice League. (You really need to get Punisher comics)