Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-30-2001, 08:41 PM   #211
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
Well, it's been pretty draining the last couple of weeks, but I'm finally getting some free time for now. Doing pretty good. I pop in here every so often (like now) otherwise trying to work on my movie collection or D&D collection or comic book collection. Anything to take my mind off of my grandma. That's really why I wasn't expecting to come back to the board. I told you about my step-father dying and I wasn't able to go see his funeral. Well, I had the same thing with my grandma. I was gonna see her the weekend after she died. I never really got a chance to say good-bye to her either. Well, that's what's that. (Not trying to sound incoherent, but can't get any deeper than that for now.)
:::as an aside::: You can always say goodbye... she is still with you, you know.. whenever you think of her. My father died and I remember well what that was like...

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Muse and Eternal Love of KDogRex
Old 03-30-2001, 08:43 PM   #212
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dublin Grocer:
My God - you've got an upstairs as well. It's just like the Copper Coronet - I won't ask what goes on up there!
Actually, I picture more like the Friendly Arm Inn... has more class, you know!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Old 03-30-2001, 08:45 PM   #213
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
Oh Tobbin. I wish I knew what to say. What you need is time I guess. Have you tried writing her a letter to tell her what you wanted to say to her before she died? Just a thought....

**bilqis gives Tobbin a sympathetic hug and sits nearby in the hopes she can somehow comfort him**

I'm ok Bilqis, thanks for the hug and the concern. I'm a loner I guess. I deal with whatever problems I have by myself. I guess that's why I was leaving the board. I knew that there wasn't much that you guys could do to help me. Not saying that your warm thoughts and well wishes went unappreciated. It's just that I have to come to terms with what's happened is all. I would think it encouraging to you guys that I am still here. That should tell you that I'm on the road to recovery.

Quote:
Posted by Lord of Alcohol:

Ok, I may be way off here, but it seems that you were asking me where in NC I was. I was in Fayetteville (FayetteNam). Lived there a considerable amount of my life. Grew up an army brat (my father didn't understand why I went into the Navy, but he accepted it. My step-father understood though, as he was prior NAVY and ARMY. Funny story that as my step-father was in the Navy 1st, but got kicked out cause he was underage. The Army took him in though. Both my father and step-father retired from the ARMY). The reason I went into the Navy was because they offered me more. I enlisted as an E-3 and had a 6,000 dollar sign up bonus (critical rate). I screwed that all up when my step-father died though. I got all messed up in the head for awhile and shortly after taking the tests for E-5, lost a stripe and was an E-3 again. I didn't extend, and didn't re-enlist because of that. It was both of our faults though (mine and the NAVY - kinda long story there).
------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL

[This message has been edited by Tobbin (edited 03-30-2001).]
Old 03-30-2001, 08:48 PM   #214
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
Yep, more like that. There are actually 3 floors. Downstais here, a balcone lever on the second floor for hanging out and watching and rooms on the 3rd floor...and you probably don't need to ask about that, *turns to Char* right luv?

------------------
-Bard Extrodinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Old 03-30-2001, 08:49 PM   #215
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

**BK wanders in** I'm looking for me lass in Royal Colored Tights and I looking to do some killing with or without here. Is She her?

**BK goes to the bar and picks up some strong dwarvian ale**

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
PartTime Bartender of Moon Hope's Inn
Dry Humor Deliverance of the Laughing Hyenas
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
3 Man for Life
Official Reader of Reeka's Signature
Old 03-30-2001, 08:49 PM   #216
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Yep, more like that. There are actually 3 floors. Downstais here, a balcone lever on the second floor for hanging out and watching and rooms on the 3rd floor...and you probably don't need to ask about that, *turns to Char* right luv?

I prefer the basement myself. That's where I keep all my cool knick knacks.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-30-2001, 08:51 PM   #217
Dublin Grocer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
I'm new to this land Charean so I never visited the Friendly Arm Inn (although I've heard a great deal about it).

I'm afraid the barman just offered me drugs in my stout so I think it's time to go. It's nearly 3 am here & I've got to be up at 11.30 tomorrow morning

Bye all - this place looks so familiar, I just wish I could remember when I was here before.
Old 03-30-2001, 08:51 PM   #218
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
I prefer the basement myself. That's where I keep all my cool knick knacks.

Hmmm, I worry about that...Reminds me of Buffalo Bill from "Silence Of The Lambs"

"Thou placest the lotion in the basket!"

------------------
Old 03-30-2001, 08:52 PM   #219
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
I'm new to this land Charean so I never visited the Friendly Arm Inn (although I've heard a great deal about it).

I'm afraid the barman just offered me drugs in my stout so I think it's time to go. It's nearly 3 am here & I've got to be up at 11.30 tomorrow morning

Bye all - this place looks so familiar, I just wish I could remember when I was here before.
Take care Dub! We'll leave the light on for you!! ...hehehe, I've always wanted to use that line...

------------------
Old 03-30-2001, 08:54 PM   #220
Charean
Hathor

Quote:

Well come in anytime, place is always open!!

------------------

Defender for the Light -