Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2001, 05:01 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Currently my party is planning on heading over to Trynton as our next area to explore.

Here's the deal -
Myles at Arnika wants to get us into a quest which from the sound of it is basically robbing the bank. I'm not into that so turned him down.
We waltz out of town and head over towards Trynton and meet up with a Rattus Rattus character who offers us a job - he says it is just cashing a check for him but it's robbing the bank again (the "check" says that this is a stick up). He even gives us a Zipgun and bullets for the "job". (guns - BAH!)

So what's with this? Obviously I can just turn both of these quests down but I have to wonder why there seems to be such an effort to get us in bad with the folks of Arnika. And why are these the only quests we're getting??

I don't like this.

Wyv

(Red is sulking over this one)
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 05:13 PM   #2
Lady Nightshade
The Magister

Myles asked you to rob a bank?
he asked me to help rescue a girl
you sure you arent getting them mixed up
only one that asked me about bank was rattus
Old 11-16-2001, 06:28 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm not getting them mixed up -

First time I talked to Myles he asked me to help rescue Vi. Second time I talked to him he had this "plan" to protect the money in the Arnika bank by removing it from the vault before any of the "bad guys" could take it - same as asking me to rob a bank.

Rattus asks us to cash a check which is really a "this is a stick up" note.

Same object - different approaches.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 06:38 PM   #4
Lady Nightshade
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
I'm not getting them mixed up -

First time I talked to Myles he asked me to help rescue Vi. Second time I talked to him he had this "plan" to protect the money in the Arnika bank by removing it from the vault before any of the "bad guys" could take it - same as asking me to rob a bank.

Rattus asks us to cash a check which is really a "this is a stick up" note.

Same object - different approaches.

Wyv

oh maybe its cause Myles joined me, that he never asked me about the bank thing
that is kinda weird both ask you to rob the bank
heh I think I might try doing it since I am replaying the game [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2001, 07:16 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

~~lady nightshade~~

you're replaying it? already? ::eyes wide open in shock::
oh... my.... gosh!
i thot it was gonna be like hundreds of hours long. or maybe it is, but you are a fast player. well, it could be. i tend to meander thru my games, while my bf just shoots straight thru like an arrow.

::sighs:: ah well. i know it will definitely be a quality game, no matter the length.

thanks for the info.

V***V
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 07:38 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
~~lady nightshade~~

you're replaying it? already? ::eyes wide open in shock::
oh... my.... gosh!
i thot it was gonna be like hundreds of hours long. or maybe it is, but you are a fast player. well, it could be. i tend to meander thru my games, while my bf just shoots straight thru like an arrow.

::sighs:: ah well. i know it will definitely be a quality game, no matter the length.

thanks for the info.

V***V

I think she means she's restarting the game, Vesselle, not replaying it in its entirety. The game is probably well over 200 playing hours in length.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 07:42 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Currently my party is planning on heading over to Trynton as our next area to explore.

Here's the deal -
Myles at Arnika wants to get us into a quest which from the sound of it is basically robbing the bank. I'm not into that so turned him down.
We waltz out of town and head over towards Trynton and meet up with a Rattus Rattus character who offers us a job - he says it is just cashing a check for him but it's robbing the bank again (the "check" says that this is a stick up). He even gives us a Zipgun and bullets for the "job". (guns - BAH!)

So what's with this? Obviously I can just turn both of these quests down but I have to wonder why there seems to be such an effort to get us in bad with the folks of Arnika. And why are these the only quests we're getting??

I don't like this.

Wyv

(Red is sulking over this one)

Thiefies. Go fig. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It does make me wonder, though, if there are other NPC's than thieves in this game. I'm about tired of Myles, but I have no idea how to get rid of him. THAT and I had to pay his stupid tab in the Arnika tavern for him, the drunken lout! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I'm wondering if I should head toward Mt. Gigas and try to meet up with the Umpani. They would be good allies...although I have a feeling that there's a load of baddies up that way...baddies that I doubt I can handle.

Heading back to the Monastery now...

-Saz
Old 11-16-2001, 08:38 PM   #8
Case00
Manshoon

If you want to ditch an NPC, click the little white icon on their portrait. It'll ask you if you want to remove the NPC and you juts say yes. They tend to wander back to the place you found them, so you can always go back and talk to them. I dumped Myles right after picking up Vi, he is a total loser. I go back every once and while to see if he has any new jobs.
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 11:30 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Case, I'll do that. Yep, he's good as fodder and that's about it.

Cheers,
-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-17-2001, 12:31 AM   #10
Moni

Other than sucking up some EP's, I have found Myles to be pretty useful so far. His lockpick skills were better than my Ninja's and saved me some knock picks for later LOL...I also let him get killed once, saving my own arse in the process. It was pretty funny when I brought him back to life! He said "Now I am trying to understand something here. You let me die! Why did you do that!" I had to LMAO!
I figured I'd keep him in the beginning stages of the game and turn him into a Gadgeteer to see what he can make of some of the stuff I've been picking up along the way. (I actually could have already probably but did not think of it right away...when he gains his next level, we'll see what he can do)
I'll probably ditch him later, but for now, he has his uses.