Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2002, 07:41 PM   #11
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I paid $24 (American) for the original release, but I'm going to sell it on Amazon when I order this one.

Attalus, thanks, but I'd hate to break up a nice set. [img]smile.gif[/img]

DM, that would be cool. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Alrighty then...I buy mine (it's on hold at work right now) the first week of December when we get an employee appreciation of 30% off. After I get it home, I'll check and see if it is okay to copy. I'll PM you when I know and then you can send me your addy at that time if it can be done. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:21 PM   #12
SirTristram
Manshoon

Just buy the cheapest one... special features aren't that important...
Old 11-17-2002, 08:26 PM   #13
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
quote:
I paid $24 (American) for the original release, but I'm going to sell it on Amazon when I order this one.

Attalus, thanks, but I'd hate to break up a nice set. [img]smile.gif[/img]

DM, that would be cool. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Alrighty then...I buy mine (it's on hold at work right now) the first week of December when we get an employee appreciation of 30% off. After I get it home, I'll check and see if it is okay to copy. I'll PM you when I know and then you can send me your addy at that time if it can be done. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I was weak and ordered the Collector's Edition anyway...lol.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:12 PM   #14
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
I was weak and ordered the Collector's Edition anyway...lol.
LMAO!

yeah...I have the "I'll regret it if I don't get it now" syndrome myself. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Probably why, even with a discount of 20%, I've managed to spend about $500.00 of DVD's since June.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:06 AM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

from what I know the LOTR collectors eddition comes with the ability to hold ALL of the LOTR movies when they eventually all come out on DVD... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I decided to do some deep digging to... and i found this!

O_O. . . Me want...
Old 11-18-2002, 12:20 PM   #16
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Personally, I didn't think either version was worth the money because they only have the widescreen format of the movie. I'm not really interested in the two extra discs that have the "outtakes", interviews, and "filming of..." on them and the 30 extra minutes of footage simply wasn't enough incentive for me to watch the movie in that accursed "letter box" format.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:24 PM   #17
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

You should shop around! My wife bought the Collector's set at BestBuy for $49 last week! That's $20 less than Newline was selling it for.
(Big sigh) She says I have to wait for Christmas before I can open it though.
I hope she's joking.
Old 11-18-2002, 02:57 PM   #18
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Personally, I didn't think either version was worth the money because they only have the widescreen format of the movie. I'm not really interested in the two extra discs that have the "outtakes", interviews, and "filming of..." on them and the 30 extra minutes of footage simply wasn't enough incentive for me to watch the movie in that accursed "letter box" format.
You really don't like Widescreen?

It took some getting used to, but now, I much prefer it over the "pan and scan" cut for TV versions. Somehow it loses something when they cut off the edges.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:01 PM   #19
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
You should shop around! My wife bought the Collector's set at BestBuy for $49 last week! That's $20 less than Newline was selling it for.
(Big sigh) She says I have to wait for Christmas before I can open it though.
I hope she's joking.

Wow!

That was a deal, but unfortunately for me, the nearest Best Buy, or any decent music/video store for that matter, is over an hour away.

Tell her to let you open and watch it now, and that she can wrap the extras that come with it and put them under the tree.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:02 PM   #20
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
quote:
I was weak and ordered the Collector's Edition anyway...lol.
LMAO!

yeah...I have the "I'll regret it if I don't get it now" syndrome myself. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Probably why, even with a discount of 20%, I've managed to spend about $500.00 of DVD's since June.
[/QUOTE]You sound like my best friend. He started buying DVDs about 6 months ago, and now he's a junkie. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]