Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2001, 10:24 PM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aegis Crownguard:
I posted my opinion on this board and then was quickly chewed out by all party's involved. Even the "great" Memnoch said i was wrong. Ive never met a board so full of hypocrites. Time and time again i read about how anyone and everyone is welcomed here, yet i post one single message about my opinion on the upcoming expansion and people cant wait to yell at me for it. Thanks alot for being so accepting.
Aegis, you misunderstood my comment about people being wrong. The smiley at the end of the comment indicates that I am joking. This guy here!

In fact, in my comment:

Quote:
Don't worry about these peons (j/k) We won't be suppressing ANYONE's opinions here - even if they are obviously wrong
You picked up on the bit in green (which was a joke) and missed the point I was making in the bit in red. EVERYONE is entitled to put their opinion forward on this board, irrespective of whether or not other people think that opinion is wrong. I posted that because I was picking up on these comments from others:

Quote:
Stop complaining about the upcoming game..." "God it bothers me how people keep complaining about the game...
Also, people's opinions are just that - opinions. You have to accept that people will disagree with you, because you are debating opinions, not facts. Unfortunately people disagreed with you! That doesn't mean they're right. And as far as I can see, the discussion was all about the expansion and I couldn't see a single post attacking you personally.

Voltaire said it perfectly: I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Lighten up! You're always welcome here.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 03-29-2001).]
Old 03-29-2001, 10:27 PM   #12
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

welcome to the board anyways

------------------
Old 03-29-2001, 10:28 PM   #13
BG2SOA

Welcome to the board.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 03-29-2001, 10:36 PM   #14
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Everybody here that is complaining about the game will still buy the game, so why try to convince others that there are problems with it ???
Quote:
Lvl 40 does seem a bit excessive however Its not like your going to get to level 40 if you dont cheat. Plus think about it your a child of a murder god making you a demigod at the very least. I am skeptical however of the time it takes you to get to such a high level as you reached in BG2. I left the game with a mage of level 20. But again think of the things you do in BG2 that most others would not. You single handedly crush trolls, burn mages (irenicus), and slay dragons. Now an ancient red alone is supposed to be extremely tough according to the rules yet you manage to kill him and take his +5 sword. I just wish people would quit criticizing a game that hasn't come out yet and wait patiently like the rest of us.
P.S its okay to be excited however WOOT! EXPANSION!

SO STOP COMPLAINING!
Ok, those are the closest I can find to what you mean there. I think you are taking them out of context though. The first quote appears to be just about this kind of topic in general. A lot of people have been posting similar threads. I really don't believe it's towards you at all (perhaps the topic, but not you).

The second quote appears to be rather tongue-in-cheek. I think that it was just meant to diffuse what was said earlier in that person's post. They were agreeing to a point, but then tried to make it sound like it really wasn't a big deal at all by adding the SO STOP COMPLAINING. It wasn't supposed to be an attack.

I believe I had already mentioned Memnoch's post, and I'm sorry I didn't quote it here, but if you will look back before his reply to you, he said that to Larry_OHF. He was just emphasizing it in his reply to you as a poke at Larry_OHF. Memnoch isn't the type to flame anyone. I've known Memnoch (on the board, but Yorick has met him in real life and correlate what I'm saying here) since October last year and he isn't the type to flame anyone. He will stand up against flamers though, but otherwise he's the most helpful person you could ask for. Please don't take anything said here as an attack against anyone. I think that things are coming this way because we all hang around on the General Discussion board and tend to "act the fool" to each other (in other words, we're friends). Some of it may spill over here, but we truly do not intentionally mean anyone hurt feelings or anything negative in general. Please give the board a little time and you will see what I'm talking about here. This can be a great place if you will let it.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-29-2001, 10:44 PM   #15
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
if you like it play it. if you dont , dont. but lets all have fun. i saw a cool advertisement about another new game looks kinda whack
http://white.ea.com/
http://black.ea.com/

I hadn't seen advertisements for those before. They look pretty cool. Thanks for updating us on those.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-29-2001, 10:49 PM   #16
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Besides, every game we buy cannot be perfect, Hell I complain alot about this and that. But Usualy when we do this is to promote what we like the game to be and hope others feel the same.

I can't remeber where I heard this but: Something that is great with a few flaws makes for great conversation and something that is perfect get's old fast.
Old 03-30-2001, 12:01 AM   #17
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Don't worry about it! Stick and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you. Besides, did you see all the crybabying over the Heart of Winter expansion? It would take days to tell off everyone who complained about that. You make a good point anyway- I'll probably be best friends with my CLUAConsole to make it past all the 4000 hit dice monsters they throw at you at 40th level.
Old 03-30-2001, 12:31 AM   #18
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

*grin*

They are nice here. Ever been to Asheron's Lore board? Dear gods if you have an opinion that differs in the least (or bad spelling in my case) they will hog tie ya, drag you out nakked into down square, lop off your head, and then burn you at the stake for good measure. Kinda like being a Witch during the inquision. The board is great. You can post a stupid question or opinion and not have to worry about the next 20 posts worth of people calling you a stupid shithead and a troll.

And yet I still keep going back, so I must be stupid in some way.

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--
Old 03-30-2001, 12:37 AM   #19
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Aegis Crownguard:
I posted my opinion on this board and then was quickly chewed out by all party's involved. Even the "great" Memnoch said i was wrong. Ive never met a board so full of hypocrites. Time and time again i read about how anyone and everyone is welcomed here, yet i post one single message about my opinion on the upcoming expansion and people cant wait to yell at me for it. Thanks alot for being so accepting.
tell you what, I dont really give a ----, but one thing you got right, that is the part involve "the great memnoch"

anyway, i will yell at you if and only if your opinion is different from mine and presented in a rude/stupid way (like i usually do), and I am got kick the load of drop out of your tail. (I am using good language!!!)

lol, just kidding. no need to get sensitive

Old 03-30-2001, 01:07 AM   #20
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Hmmm... in my opinion, I do not see an attack or any hypocritical statements. What I believe I see (again, my opinion), is one of the pitfalls bred of the computer age. While this technology makes it possible to meet folks we would not otherwise, it has severe limitations. We cannot see facial expressions, body language or hear the tone in which a reply is made. This in addition to the fact that we are dealing with a multinational, multilingual community here where translations do not always turn out as expected.

Personally, I have made more than a few "ridiculous" observations and stated some "stupid" opinions. People have disagreed with me, countered my arguments and attempted to persuade me to change my "incorrect" point of view but have NEVER flamed me, just agreed to disagree. I am sorry if you have felt misused. I encourage you to keep posting and, if something/someone rubs you the wrong way, ask for a clarification before assuming the worst.

You are most welcome here.

------------------
Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...