Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2001, 09:33 PM   #1
HiTman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My friend and I are playing through Baldur's with our own characters (2 each). Occasionally, on some quests, his journal will say the quest is over, but in mine it doesn't. Others complete as they should. Is there a certain reason for this? Is it because I specially didn't lead the party and talk to the NPC to complete the quest?
Also, approximately how long did it take you to get through the entire game? We are trying to do all the subquests before moving on to the next area, etc. We haven't left town yet. How long did it take you to do all the sub quests, if you even did them all?
Are we missing out on quests because we don't have Jaheira, Minsc, Imoen, etc.?
One last question. My friend and I are finding many pieces to what I'm assuming will be super weapons. Are there these super weapons for most every class of weapon? I'm just curious because I'm hoping there's a good Axe to look forward to at the end of the game. I find a lot of very good swords... but no one in our party is proficient in them. *crosses fingers for good axes & hammers later on*

- HiT

------------------
A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse.
- Stephen Dolley Jr.
Old 03-16-2001, 09:42 PM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I never tried this, but I will try it anyway

hHAhAHAhaha yuor newbie is you you shud talk to the NPCs to finixhs soem of teh quests becuases it si bugs i nteh game for mutiplaeyrs and if your ands your brother wants to do all teh subquets I recumend yuor got NPCs to join with you otherwsie you won't and you bitter listen to me because I am teh bomb ohhhh it will took yuo a while befour you finisxh teh games unless yuo is as smart as I am but anyway raed all the texts causes they is fun know wut am sayin fun fun fun are all what that about!
Old 03-16-2001, 09:44 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

lol, need translation?
Old 03-16-2001, 11:47 PM   #4
HiTman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ummmmmmm.... rrrrrrrrrrrright. That post was utter nonsense... I guess it was funny trying to read it... but other than that, that served absolutely zero help.

- HiT
Old 03-16-2001, 11:50 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

lol, that was why I asked if you need translation!

well, you do have to talk to people to finish certain quest

example: the circus
after you free the tent from illusion, you need to talk to the gaurd for exp and rep, right? you can do it twice. yes, to get two points of rep, if you are playing a six-pc game, you can get 6 point of rep out that single quest

that is a bug

I suggest you and your brother read all little side note and enjoy the game really as it is. dont hush through, read the dialog, some of the NPCs are treacherous, it feels good if you can find those who plot against you.

godd luck
Old 03-16-2001, 11:54 PM   #6
HiTman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First, we aren't brothers, we're roommates in college. Second, we aren't rushing at all. We just prefer using our characters rather than the pregenerated NPC's. Thanks for your advice anyway.

- HiT
Old 03-17-2001, 12:06 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

sorry, i didnt know how the hell i got the notion that you two are brothers into my mind
Old 03-17-2001, 02:49 AM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by HiTman:
Are we missing out on quests because we don't have Jaheira, Minsc, Imoen, etc.?
Yes. You certainly are.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-17-2001, 02:56 AM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

If this is the first time you play BG2, I would urge you to play a party with 2 PCs only (you and your friend), that way, you won't miss out on the party interaction (which is one interesting, if not important, factor in this game).

As for weapons, there are generally a number of good weapons for the game, and you will certainly find good axe and hammers during your adventures. I won't spoil you further.....for now.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-17-2001, 03:08 AM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

There is a fairly good axe in the Copper Coronet, after you do the subquests there, and there is a really good hammer in the game, but it is a long drawn out process to get it. Sorry, no real spoilers, but the hammer is worth the effort.

As for the subquests, Imoen's is self running, whether you run her or not, it's part of the storyline, and all of the npc's, except Minsc, have one or two things that come up, for example, Nalia's Keep, which will become your stronghold if you are a fighter, or a fighter sub-class. (note: this does not include Paladins, which was discussed on the old message board. MP is fun, but if you don't have any npc's in the party, it could turn out to be pretty dull, as there aren't a lot of other things to do.

------------------
"...and that's the bottom line, 'cause Robert the Bard says so!"