Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-06-2002, 03:23 PM   #31
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I'll respect your decision to consider using lethal injection as the form of capital punishment against a serial killer being the same as killing a mother, who had a child out of wedlock, by beating her to death with stones despite the fact that the man who fathered the child goes unpunished under the same rule of law.

But I won't understand it

[ 10-06-2002, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-06-2002, 03:27 PM   #32
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

People use political pressure all the time. There is a constant sentiment about the US's capital punishment and the use of politics to try and sway that decision by both international and internal groups. Why shouldn't the same thing be used against Nigeria? Because the US is less likely to be influenced than Nigeria in the matter?

Since your not in favor of capital punishment, wouldn't saving even one life from it(no matter what the form) be worthwhile? Would it be better to let them kill her because others do it even though through Nigeria's desires to be on the "world scene" she might be saved?

[ 10-06-2002, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-06-2002, 04:18 PM   #33
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

This is an excellent example of the use of the term "hypocrisy" to try to get someone to not do something because it seems inconsistent with their prior acts. Like the thing about, "the Reagan Administration helped Saddam Hussein in the '80's, so you shouldn't take him out now." Hello, the world is different, now, and we have learned a lesson. Just like (long ago) we learned not to stone adultresses to death. I think that speaking out if you think something is wrong is the thing to do, and if some Nigerian were to appear to argue for it, I would at least listen.