Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2001, 12:34 AM   #1
Aurican
Elminster

Ok, I have gotten through to Ust'Natha. I have done the entire game without any problems. I did all of the blood quests for the Matron and after the Illithid quest my avatar seems to throw up a psuedo fireshield everytime I go to a new area. Its weird, when I go to move out on the current area it makes the fireshield sound, I make the transition and in the new area the animation for a fireshield comes up, it lasts for about 2 seconds and is NOT a real fireshield.
Also, I seem to gain a 100% Magic Damage resistance when this happens, I guess it can wear off but I hate it. The animation is sooo annoying. Is this supposed to happen or have I found a new or maybe old bug?

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?

http://angelfire.com/rpg/aurican

[This message has been edited by Aurican (edited 07-16-2001).]
Old 07-16-2001, 10:13 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Did you drink any of that serum?

------------------
Old 07-16-2001, 02:58 PM   #3
Aurican
Elminster

Yes, I take it that wasn't the right thing to do? Does it not wear off?

------------------

Old 07-17-2001, 12:02 AM   #4
Aurican
Elminster

Turns out the bug I found was a legitimate find. Sometimes the effect that is displayed when turning into and out of the slayer gets stuck. Kevin at Baldurdash said this is supposed to be fixed after the final patch is released.

------------------

Old 07-17-2001, 10:16 AM   #5
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

You know i just did all that (finished all the underdark quests) and turned into slayer. While i was in Drow city i installed ToB. NOW all of a sudden i am getting that fire-shield graphic and noise when i zone into a new place. i have zoned numerous times since i drank the serum and turned into slayer in the underdark dungeons and only noticed this since i installed the new game. I also don't like the new skull animation with the glowing eyes when you are loading game now- i used to like the yin/yang face with the feathers on it