Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2004, 02:51 AM   #141
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Work, well, I consider school work as I normally post here from my tech class that I take when the teacher rambles on and on. That does get boring after so long.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:43 AM   #142
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Hey, my name is Lauren *notice my member name* I'm a single 15 year old female(turning 16 in december)... I am currently looking for full time work or trying to get a traineeship in administration.
I pretty much have a sucky life... anyone willing to give me a job send me an e-mail!
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 09-13-2004, 06:08 AM   #143
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren:
anyone willing to give me a job send me an e-mail!
If you'd be willing to move to America... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm John, 21 year old (kind of)single college student.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:02 AM   #144
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Well I often post at school, and then when I get home I post some more
Old 09-13-2004, 12:45 PM   #145
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

WOW - this has been an extremely interesting thread. Kudo's to you Dave for creating such a cool thread so soon after your arrival. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

As for info on me - I prefer to go by Cerek on the various forums I visit. It's as good a name as any and I prefer to keep my real name somewhat private (a few members here know it, but not many).

I am a Born Again Southern Baptist - so we'll need to have a little talk about this "raging homosexuality" of yours later on. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Nah, Just kidding, man. You seem like a really nice guy and you have a great personality (judging from your posts so far, anyway). I respect the fact that you were bold enough (or brazen enough) to divulge something so personal in your opening post on a new forum. That took a LOT of guts to do.

As for my bio info, I am 41 and work as a mid-level manager in a small hospital in rural Georgia (USA). I am the Director of Materials Management - which is a fancy title for being they Supply Guy. I also do most of my posting from work (uh...during breaks of course. Yeah, that's the ticket).

I am married and have 3 beautiful boys. I discovered AD&D in college and have loved it ever since. Since my PnP group has broken up and scattered after school, I was really glad to find BGII. And looking for info on that game is what eventually led me here.

I worked night shift in a motel for a short while, so I know what you mean about not seeing the sun. I was also working part-time in the Purchasing Dept. of the hospital in my hometown (different from where I work now). So I would work from 11-7 at night, come home and sleep for a few hours, then go to work at the hospital for a 4 hr shift, followed by a trip back home for a couple hours sleep before going BACK to work at the motel later that night. GEEZ - talk about not knowing what day of the week it was. My wife and I were dating at the time and we only got to see each other on Saturday and part of Sunday. During the week, it was just two phone calls a day (at 7am and 7pm when I got home from each job) that lasted about 10 minutes each. I was SOOOOOOOOO glad to get hired on FULL time at the hospital (needed the group insurance because I also have a chronic illness).

That should be adequate for an opening bio.

Keep posting, Dave. You've brought a lot of fun to G.D. already. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2004, 04:27 PM   #146
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Man, "Cerek," I bet that schedule was hell...how long did you do it?

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-13-2004, 04:48 PM   #147
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well I am a guilty work poster.

Name mack age 32 male from Sherwood park Alberta.

Going to get back into some heavy posting. Since I am all settled down and in the new house. And work is starting to be routine once again. Oh I also work shift work as well. Hope to see you around on some late night sessions.

And howdey to all others.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:11 PM   #148
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Whats up Mack? Hav'nt seen you in a while! Welcome back! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2004, 05:24 PM   #149
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Happy Returns, Mack!! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2004, 05:46 PM   #150
Link
Jack Burton

Happy happy people!! Do the happy dance with me!!!

[img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Anyways; Hi, I'm Link, my real name's Michiel (the Dutch version of Michael) and I bet you have difficulty pronouncing it without having the Dutch 'ch' sound in English [img]smile.gif[/img] I have (distant) family in the United States who calls me Mihiel (pronounced 'me-heel') so I'm quite used to it.
I'm a 20 year old History student at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands. For two years in a row now I've given my parents heart attacks for almost failing the first year of my study (I started off with archaeology but that was just boring.. sorry Epona!!) but managed to come through eventually in both cases (*insert beaming and widely grinning lad here* ). I'm into rowing and probably nag the hell out of everybody here by mentioning it every now and then (Sigmar's my soul mate when it comes to rowing ).

Lessee.. well I consider myself an oldie around here (over 3 years), had my ups and downs here too but still going strong!!

Goal: Beijing 2008