Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-02-2002, 09:39 PM   #1
PAPS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Where the heck are the stakes?? i have looked ALLLL over the place and cannot find them!!! do i have to bring them in before hand??? plz help!!!
PAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 09:57 PM   #2
Nocturno
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER
Go back to where you entered this level of the maze, to the room where the ancient book is. In the top left there's a secret door. Go through it. Here you'll find a bunch of kobolds, worshipping a crystal. After you've killed them, search their bodies: one of them has woden stakes on him. Oh, and don't forget to take the piece of the crystal - you'll need it afterwards.
Nocturno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 12:16 AM   #3
PAPS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yea... i did all that... but i could have sworn i searched every dead kobold to no luck... i will try it again.... and see if i missed something...
PAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 12:45 AM   #4
Andrew Mcveigh
Drow Warrior

trust me, it's there... *sob* i spent much time lost in that f*ckin maze!! *sob* it's there, look harder... AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 06:05 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

That can happen when you kill the Kobolds too quickly--a script fails to get triggered, the 2nd wave of Kobolds (who carry the Stake) never show up, and you also can't get the Shard of the crystal. Go back to your Auto-Save and try again. Yep, it's a bug.
Old 08-03-2002, 08:58 PM   #6
TCorOgre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know this probably wont help, but it will help others who seek the exit of spellhold: may be a spoiler, I'm not sure so I'll mark it as anyways
SPOILER ALERT!!
-When you fight Bodhi the first time in the Graveyard District's crypt, you should have plenty stakes (only needing 3 to kill the vamps.) so save 1 (I saved all I had left, didnt know what would be coming) for that future quest, again I know it probably wont help you as it is a while back but it does help others.

-Alternatively, you can check your quicksave, then just do that level again, (it's not that big) and kill the kobolds and stake vampy (fergot his name) for the hand. Ok that was a spoiler lol
Old 08-04-2002, 07:50 AM   #7
Thorgrim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i got my wooden stakes from Aran Linvail, he handed 4 to me
Old 08-05-2002, 03:54 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Stakes or no stakes, you'll still need the Shard of Kurtulmak to get out of there, and if you hit the bug that denies you the Stake, you won't be able to get the Shard either.