Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-05-2002, 06:26 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Check out CNN, MSNBC, FOX news.. Dunno if it was on purpose or not. it was a 15 year old kid that stole it. (Was a single prop Cessna)

If it was on purpose.. GRRRRRRRRR.

There was no fire in the crash.. only 1 building window
looks broken.

Get this: The Building was "Bank of AMERICA".. America... Hmm..

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-05-2002, 06:28 PM   #2
Lioness
Jack Burton

oh... goodness, a kid...

Please keep us posted, those of you watching news...
Old 01-05-2002, 07:08 PM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Hey, I was just watching the news too and they just said there might be a plane that crashed in CA. Is this from before it did that just happen too? There was a reporter talking to the police department and they asked if this was related. I haven't heard of any other crash though.
Old 01-05-2002, 07:39 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

SUICIDE RIDE: 15 YEAR OLD CRASHES STOLEN PLANE INTO TAMPA SKYSCRAPER...

And....

Small Plane Crashes In Colorado...
Small Plane Crashes In Puerto Rico...
Small Plane Crashes In California...

Is this just coincidence or something much darker?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-05-2002, 07:48 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
SUICIDE RIDE: 15 YEAR OLD CRASHES STOLEN PLANE INTO TAMPA SKYSCRAPER...

And....

Small Plane Crashes In Colorado...
Small Plane Crashes In Puerto Rico...
Small Plane Crashes In California...

Is this just coincidence or something much darker?

Unless any of them did some sort of serious damage to the US government or endangered some important person or something then I doubt it's terrorism or anything coordinated and probably just coincidence....
Old 01-05-2002, 08:17 PM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Just found some more info:

BIRMINGHAM, England -- Five people have been killed after a private executive jet crashed during take-off at an English airport.

The twin-engined Canadair Challenger plane -- which an airport spokesman said was heading for Bangor, Maine, U.S. -- burst into flames sending thick plumes of smoke into the air at 1207 GMT on Friday.

Witnesses said one of the plane's wings had hit the runway at Birmingham International airport, central England, just before the crash.

An airport spokesman told The Associated Press that the the plane was carrying two passengers and three crew.

The twin-engine executive was registered with Georgia, U.S.-based agricultural equipment giant AGCO Corp.

The company said its president, John Shumejda, 56, and its senior vice president of sales, Ed Swingle, 60, were killed. The crew on board have not been identified.

AGCO Corp, an agricultural equipment manufacturer based in Duluth, Georgia, said its president and chief executive John Shumejda and senior vice president for sales and marketing Ed Swingle had died in the crash, Reuters reported.

Airport managing director Brian Summers told a news conference that all the passengers and crew on the jet were U.S. citizens.

AP said a spokesman for the American Embassy in London had confirmed that all five people killed were U.S. citizens.

"It was a distressing scene," said Steve Evans, manager of West Midlands Ambulance Service.

"The tail of the plane was some yards away from the main fuselage. Four people were found outside the aircraft on the grass and one person was found inside," he added.

A West Midlands Fire Brigade spokesman said it was too early to determine the cause of the accident.

The plane is thought to be registered in Maine, the UK's Press Association news agency reported.

A spokesman for the National Air Traffic Services said the runway was closed after the crash.

Evans said: "I understand the private aircraft left the departure runway.

"Some witnesses said, and we have had reports, that there was a ball of flames."

Witness Joan Hood told the British Broadcasting Corporation: "My husband and I went out to the front of the house, where we can see over the runway, and there was a thick black plume of smoke rising to about 100 feet."

The UK Department of Transport said that members of the Air Accidents Investigation Branch were on their way to the crash scene.

"There will be full investigation followed by an AAIB report in due course," said a department spokesman.

An airport spokesman said the Challenger aircraft, capable of carrying up to 20 people, was a private or corporate jet heading for Bangor, Maine, where it was scheduled to refuel.

Birmingham airport is expected to be closed for some time and passengers were advised to contact their airlines, the spokesman told Reuters.

British Airways said inbound flights from Edinburgh, Berlin Hanover and Gothenburg were being diverted to Manchester or East Midlands Airports. A flight to Aberdeen was cancelled and other flights were suspended.

UPDATE: Just noticed that this may have happened on Friday. Not sure. The report was submitted today, but they reference the same event in another story that is listing Sunday as two days after it. Hmmmm. All I can say is it looks like a bad time to be flying right now. I've seen at least 4 accidents listed and there may be a fifth. All events have Americans involved in one way or another. Starting to sound like we do bad airplane maintenance or something.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Tobbin ]

Old 01-05-2002, 09:02 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

If this is all true, seems to me it cannot be a coincidence, too many crashes on the same day. Who these people are (hijackers) or who they are connected with is still up in the air, could be anyone. Unfortunatly there are a lot of disturbed people in their own "clans" and "cults" or whatever out there..

I wonder what type of security is used for private planes? Is it the same level as they have now on commercial airlines? Maybe it isn't, as security officials might figure terrorists would most likely zero in on the larger planes with many people aboard, and a small private plane with four people would not be much of a "victory" so to speak. So maybe they don't check things out as much?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-06-2002, 08:28 AM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

I'm not sure.

Terrorists are clever people, if they are not clever then they are vandals.

They would know a Cesna isn't going to do a whole lot of damage to a building.

Old 01-07-2002, 02:49 AM   #9
fable
Quintesson

We seem to be seeing a lot of copycat crimes at the moment. Take the anthrax letters: the FBI announced that the anthrax samples were (for the most part) fairly weak, and developed in the US. If terrorists had been involved, likely a higher grade of sample would have been used, and imported--hell, they could have gotten it by security as talcum powder. Scary, but true.

As for the kid in Tampa, apparently he had a great deal of sympathy with bin Ladan, and lost his mental balance. Beyond that, they're not releasing any information.

Oh, and I should introduce myself. I've been posting for a bit in the various RPG forums, but (until now) I've limited myself to GameBanshee, which is a great board. You've got another. Now, I've invaded it, muwa-HA-HA-HA-HA...! {cough} I really need a better pair of lungs if I'm going to be incredibly evil.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: fable ]

Old 01-07-2002, 05:08 AM   #10
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

bah, wastless sense of life and a good old airplane.

Catch me if you can..