Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2001, 06:30 AM   #1
cheesus
Dungeon Master

is there any advantage in letting your apprentices live by not making anything when the option comes for the third item? i reloaded and let them off after two of them died making the ring for me. should i have been so generous or have i shoot myself in the foot a bit? the reward for this stronghold seems a bit lame compared to others in terms of exp, gold and items.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:44 AM   #2
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

SPOILER
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
Well, you get some XP and a (boring) Commencement Address. But from a role-playing point of view, they're your apprentices, you're supposed to look after them. Besides, Morul comes back, later, and starts making potions for you.At least, it doesn't cost as much as the D'Arnise stronghold.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-23-2001, 08:34 AM   #3
Whailor

I personally like the De'Arnise stronghold better. Looks cool, cool to be the Lord, with a big castle and what not else.. Monetary thingies are something what I don't care about, I already have it more then I will ever need. And there I was, at the start, looking at all the cool items in shops and the non-cool prices and thought "Dang how expensive, I will never be able to buy it all". But, keep in mind what loot costs how much and pick all the 'better' ones up and sell it. Boy what a money comes in. Each time I go somewhere, on some quest, I come back with packed packs, full of loot to sell.

OK, went a bit astray here. All in all I like the strongholds, and maybe I even will get one day so lo... err.. far and play a man in dress. Man in robe that is!