Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-22-2001, 02:59 PM   #1
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

ok, im soloing with my undead hunter. i need to know what to do in order to get my stronghold. spoilers are MUCH appreciated. i just destroyed the fallen paladins for sir ryan trawl. NOW WHAT!!!???
thanx for any help that anyone can provide.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-22-2001, 03:08 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Jst be patient! [img]smile.gif[/img] Do you really want to hear the whole storyline in advance?? I hope people won't spoil you because the fun would be gone then. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'll just tell you what to do to trigger the next quest, ok? Go to the Windspear Hills..... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2001, 03:29 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Answer me this:
do you want the whole walkthrough?
Cause Melusine has a good point there, it will probably ruin the fun.
I can give it to you if you want it, but please think it well through.

see ya!
Old 11-22-2001, 03:51 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

ok, how do i get to the windspear hills?, do i need to do the quest for firekrag, and kill the "monsters"?
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-22-2001, 03:56 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
ok, how do i get to the windspear hills?, do i need to do the quest for firekrag, and kill the "monsters"?

You go to the Windspear Hills by travelling to the City Gates and then clicking on the Windspear Hills on your map (you get them to appear on the map by talking to Lord Jierdan Firkraag in the Copper Coronet). You only have to travel via the City Gates the first time you leave Athkatla.

Just go to the map and the story will unfold itself. [img]smile.gif[/img] You have no other options than to destroy the monsters you meet when you first arrive. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just post here when you need more info and I or someone else will help you on [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 05:32 AM   #6
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Then it seems that the fallen Paladin quest has nothing to do with the stronghold, because I did it after the events in the Windspear Hills.
Old 11-23-2001, 05:47 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Chris77Se:
Then it seems that the fallen Paladin quest has nothing to do with the stronghold, because I did it after the events in the Windspear Hills.

You're right [img]smile.gif[/img]
Even characters who aren't paladins get this quest [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 08:06 AM   #8
Whailor

Well, people gave here enough of tips.. What I don't agree though is that the game experience would be "ruined" if someone would tell me what step to take next [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't see how it can ruin, considering that you STILL have to take the step and go through the whole affair on your own, with your own means and gear and wits. Before I got the game, there were already complete spoilers and solutions and what not else on the net, heck I even got the game after I read one review, which also contained a FULL walkthrough. It didn't "ruin" my fun in a least bit, just the opposite actually! It showed me that there's so much cool things coming up! Not to mention that by the time I got the game I didn't remember a lousy thing about the walkthrough and tips and what not else, what was in that artice, yet the game was still total fun to me.

Ease up people, few "tips" will not really "ruin the fun" to anyone, as these are just too general things. After all, the person receiving the tips still has to do it all, go through it all on his/her own. Heh, even if someone would post some 'step-by-step' guide per fight a la "How to win the fight with " I still wouldn't mind or case, since I would still do it my way, which often is a total opposite to the suggested method and what someone else wouldn't try, thinking it to be a doomed plan. Basically, if someone would tell me that "in area X is N amount of big bad mean mobs, frontal assault is suicide, go from behind, kill one by one and then cast some frikkin' big mean spell somewhere there and watch 'em die" - I would simply don the Boots of Speed, draw my swords, scream "Surrender fools!" and charge the front gates

But yeah, relax, few tips or suggestions never ruined anyone's game..
Old 11-23-2001, 08:40 AM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

Like I said, this is wholly a matter of personal preference.
I really think it best to ask people if they are sure they want to be spoiled first, than to spoil them only to hear afterwards they didn't want to be. Personally, I would have hated it if anybody had spoiled certain plotlines or developments to me, and it WOULD have ruined that part of the game for me. So I think it's better to be safe than sorry. We do have a firm policy on these boards concerning spoilers, and while I do agree with you some people may not mind spoilers, it can never hurt to ask first. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 08:43 AM   #10
Sir Exxon
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Like I said, this is wholly a matter of personal preference.
I really think it best to ask people if they are sure they want to be spoiled first, than to spoil them only to hear afterwards they didn't want to be. Personally, I would have hated it if anybody had spoiled certain plotlines or developments to me, and it WOULD have ruined that part of the game for me. So I think it's better to be safe than sorry. We do have a firm policy on these boards concerning spoilers, and while I do agree with you some people may not mind spoilers, it can never hurt to ask first. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hail Melusine!

see ya!