Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-22-2001, 11:13 PM   #11
Tim Tam
Dungeon Master

Boy there is a lot of mis-information in these posts.

Beserker's Rage WILL stop Imprisonment and Maze. So too will Protection from Magic scrolls and Spell Immunity: Abjuration.

There are no saving throws against Maze or Imprisonment, however magic resistance can stop Maze. Imprisonment is the only one of these that is fatal to the protagonist, your character. The spell Freedom will release someone trapped by Maze or Imprisonment, or you can wait for Maze to wear off, its length dependant upon the mazed characters intelligence.

btw, has anyone noticed that Beserker's Enrage protects them from Energy Drain as well. Its not mentioned in the description that it gives Negative Plane Protection, only the Barbarian's Rage is supposed to do that.
Old 11-22-2001, 11:36 PM   #12
Lifetime
Red Dragon

If you have Minsc, since not everyone plays Bezerkers, enrage him, and send him against the offending mage. If its Kangaxx, wait for him to focus all his attention zapping Minsc before you send in your troops..
Old 11-23-2001, 12:11 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I should make a webpage on this topic. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I am starting to lose count of the number of times I am typing this out. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Maze:

Level 8 Mage Spell( Conjuration/Summoning)

No saving throw against it, but Magic Resistance can stop it. Non-fatal as you will pop back into existence after a certain duration. It can be fatal though, but only when you are soloing. Casting Freedom will release those who got Mazed too.

Ways to avoid it,

100% Magic Resistance
Berserker's Rage
Spell Immunity( Conjuration)
Scroll of Protection from Magic
Barbarian's Rage
Minsc's Rage

Imprisonment:

Level 9 Mage Spell( Abjuration)

Ignores Magic Resistance and saving throws. Fatal as the Imprisonment is permanent. Freedom is the only way to release Imprisoned characters. It is game over for you if your main character is Imprisoned. Summons do not get unsummoned when they get Imprisoned, so they still count in the summon limit. Imprisonment can also screw up your romance if your lover NPC is Imprisoned. Finally, Imprisonment may also not allow you to get back your custom party members( if any). Basically, it sucks if anybody gets Imprisoned.

Ways to avoid it,

Berserker's Rage
Spell Immunity( Abjuration)
Minsc's Rage
Scroll of Protection from Magic

Additional ways specifically for Demi-Liches,

Spell Trap
Shield of the Archons

There... that should cover it.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Old 11-23-2001, 05:52 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

But what about Otiluke's Resilient Sphere? I'm really wondering about that one. Technically, if I'm not mistaken, it does the same sort of thing as the green scroll of Protection from Magic, right? Anybody ever tried this?
Old 11-23-2001, 06:27 AM   #15
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Carrying Carsomyr or being a Cavalier also has prevented it for me. Personally, I like to send Skeleton Warriors against Liches, since they are Magical Resistant. The Liches kill them, but so what? They waste their time stop, etc. on them. Also, you can just get out of their range. They rarely follow you, at least at first, and its cool to see: "Time Stop", and then NOTHING, because there's nothing close enough to target. LOL
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-23-2001, 06:29 AM   #16
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

By the way, Melusine, nice sig [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-23-2001, 10:20 AM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Dundee, "protection from undead" avoids a Lichs Imprisonment as well.

Also Maze is fatal if you're solo. Ends the game.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 11-23-2001, 10:30 AM   #18
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
By the way, Melusine, nice sig [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks...I replied to that in the TOB forum by the way [img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't see how being a Cavalier protects you from Imprisonment though.. I think you must just have been lucky so far!
Old 11-23-2001, 10:45 PM   #19
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Dundee, "protection from undead" avoids a Lichs Imprisonment as well.
Also Maze is fatal if you're solo. Ends the game.

Protection from Undead scrolls protect you indirectly but yes, it will work too, and I did mention the clause with Maze.
Old 11-23-2001, 11:02 PM   #20
Tiamat
Banned User

If mage...... U can cast spell immunity Abjuration to eliminate that factor.... Its been said, but just giving you my repeated advice.....