Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-21-2001, 03:29 AM   #1
Pug

how do u fight kangax's second form? the demi lich? i have spells of magic immunity so he cant hurt me but i cant hurt him either! my weapons dont work! i have some decent weapons butthey are ineffective. any ideas anyone?

Old 11-21-2001, 03:39 AM   #2
Campino

here are some general hints:

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
use weapons like upgraded mace of disruption,staff of rhyn,but use weapons with at least +4,to do damage,change into the slayer,or use berserk.Anyway,good luck (you'll need it),and happy hunting in Amn!!
Old 11-21-2001, 04:04 AM   #3
Campino

Oh,i almost forgot...

Welcome!!!
Old 11-21-2001, 06:03 AM   #4
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I found Sunstone Sling bullets were quite effective. Also I think Carsomyr should leave a hefty dent if you have a paladin to wield it.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-22-2001, 03:54 PM   #5
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, that guy is whupping me too. How come I can walk over dragons, but this lich wipes out my whole party? Doesn't seem right. I need some more detailed strategies as this is one of my last quests before I go to suldanesair.
by the by I have a
elf fighter(17)/thief(22)
half ogre fighter(14)
human fighter(14)
dual F/C
mult M/C
gnome Illus.

so I should be bringing the funk, but alas...
Old 11-22-2001, 04:19 PM   #6
Snitzella
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When kangaxx becomes a demi -lich remove your party exept your best tank to the exit (where they can fire misile weapons or cast spells). Be sure that the person fighting kangaxx is protected from magic and undeads (scrolls, also it is good, if your mages summons various creatures to help you tank. Oh by the way also cast improved haste on your fighter.
Old 11-22-2001, 06:45 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

i used the staff of rynn on jaheria with aprot from magic scroll. took a few rounds, but i got there.

P>S is their a baldurdash patch to make this guy harder?
Old 11-22-2001, 08:29 PM   #8
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

thanx I'll try that out
Old 11-22-2001, 08:32 PM   #9
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

thanx I will try that out. Any difference in effect between improved haste and the Boots of Speed?