Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-21-2001, 07:22 AM   #11
Flits3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh yeah.... I've forgotten this:

AZRAEL..... YOU STUPID CAT !!!!!

Allways wanted to say this.... gniffle
Ever since we Gnomes created the \"Giant Space Hamsters\" I keep looking over my shoulder to see whether Wooly Rupert has finally caught up with me....<br />[url]\"http://flits3.aeoius.nl\" target=\"_blank\">Flits\' Fantasy and Fiction</a>
Old 11-21-2001, 05:31 PM   #12
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

it not really even backstabbing i was questioning about. i understand the the implications that can be made on his height and scales and whatnot, but even being invisible and then hiding in shadow, i just cant sneak up on him. granted hes a dragon and stuff but that still sucks. my guy's an assassin, he should be able at least sneak up on him. though he is only level 14
Old 11-21-2001, 07:33 PM   #13
andrewas
Harper

have you even read "the hobit".

i know its seen as a childrens book, but only be lame people with no conception of the majesty of middle-earth

(sorry if any of these ,ahem, "people", read this)

they are the oldest, wisest creatures on middle earth. their senses put even the best of the elves to shame. they are the closest things to gods that you will actually fight.

*please someone put in a tarrasque*

that said, have you tried a cloak of non-detection. sometimes the simplest things are the best...
Old 11-21-2001, 08:05 PM   #14
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

yes ive read the hobbit, and i know how powerful a dragon is, but an assassin's bread and butter, and why you pick them is their ability to remain unseen. it pretty much sucks when you arent able to utilize the ability of your character class. and another thing, this is AD&D this isnt middle earth. its based on stats and numeric figures, so as to try to resemble reality as close as possible, in a fantasy setting., Ive never read any stats on dragons indicating that they have, basically permenant true seeing. and thats what kind of ticks me off. granted firkragg will be overcome, but i still thinks its a little shady
Old 11-21-2001, 09:41 PM   #15
Tyronius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i say you should gt some moe characters in yourgroup and let themall die in your ques to kill the dragon , then they sort of act like mercinaries!
Old 11-21-2001, 10:56 PM   #16
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

AzRael,

The dragon doesn't necessarily see you - but he DOES hear and smell you. As he points out in his opening speech - he is a member of the oldest race on Faerun. He can knock you unconcious with a simple flap of his wings.

I don't care WHAT the AD&D Monster Manual said, YOU CANNOT SNEAK UP ON A DRAGON!!! But you don't necessarily have to. You are an assassin - you're bread and butter is dealing out serious damage, not sneaking around.

One tactic I haven't seen mentioned is setting traps. Firkraag will sit quietly and let you set as many traps as you are able without doing a thing to you. Then, as suggested earlier, back out of the way and hit him with POISONed Bolts of Lightning (or whatever you have)

You might also try finding Namarra (a +2 long sword - check out GameBanshee's site for location) - it can cast Silence 15' radius Once per Day.

DON'T waste it on Firkraag, though, because it probably won't beat his Magic Resistance. Instead, cast it on yourself - then stay within 15' of him. That should prevent his HEALing spell (and maybe help you sneak up on him a little better too).

PS The Silence, 15' rad is a wonderful idea on paper - but I haven't had much luck with it at all in BGI or BGII. Does anybody know why?
Old 11-22-2001, 02:14 PM   #17
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

Get a potion of immunity and and set snares and such. Walk around him with a crossbow or Bow and pelt him with bolts of biting. Then acid arrows. When your health runs down, take a healing potion and then potion of invunrability.
Old 11-22-2001, 06:31 PM   #18
andrewas
Harper

barb, IIRC and im pretty sure about this one, the potion of invulnerability sets your ac to 0 and give you some saving throws. its just a tiny bit crap then.

yup, SKed it and its set ac 0, saving throws +5.

in other words it actualy increases your armour class by, on average 8.

ring of gaxx would help a lot more - except soloing against kangaxx is going to be a whole load of (un)fun.
Old 11-23-2001, 12:34 AM   #19
Thrawn
The Magister

naw its not that tough i wonder why peoples just love to have fits over that damn demi-litches, i just simpely whip out the scroll protection from undead and now you got a dead demi-lich.
This is the place for Improved Ai Scripts by me<br /> [url]\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bwscript/files/PERSONAL/Iwishi\'s%20Stuff/\" target=\"_blank\">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bwscript/files/PERSONAL/Iwishi\'s%20Stuff/</A>