Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-07-2001, 06:34 PM   #11
Sorcerer Alex

Btw, the fight with Pebblecrusher and his gang is not a fight for chapter 2 beginners. Best to leave it and come back to it once you have some experience and better equipment. As for the Slaver quest, I would get some more fighters in the group, maybe get Anomen instead of Aerie. That way you'll be much stronger in hand-to-hand combat. Good luck

Old 09-07-2001, 06:56 PM   #12
oldbittercraig
Elminster

I think Aerie is a useful addition for the quest- magic can be very effective against the two major groups you fight in that quest- particularly using magic missile to harass their spellcasters- as well as her healing abilities afterword.
Old 09-08-2001, 03:39 AM   #13
HooC
The Magister

I havent even completed that Pebblecrusher thing. Do I get any good items?
Old 09-08-2001, 06:17 AM   #14
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

This is how I do it and it works.
The way I did it in the end was to say I was leaving then put my fighters around the mephit thing. Kill that 1st and its alot easier. The Mage buggers off for a while so you can forget about him. After that attack that dwarf with everything you have. I prefer to doom them with Ariae then use magic missles. One of them should run away and then you can kill the other. If you want you can use the hold spell or power word sleep on the runner if his hit points are low then kill him. I don't like to use the cloud spells. It stops me from getting near the people I'm trying to kill. Once the mage comes back you can easily kill him with 1 or 2 of your fighters and the odd spell. I normally do this battle after I get Ariae. You get some money and magic stuff out of this battle. If you can sumon some skelington warriors to distract the other abad guys while your killing one of then
Warby
Old 09-09-2001, 01:12 AM   #15
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

You can beat them even at Chapter 1 with 4 NPC. Just get near the mage, kill him in first round, set traps for thief and he'll leave the room and also his friends alone. And then, the rest is piece of cake..

Also it's possible to kill Kangax, guys in Twisted Rune in Chapter 2. The matter is a good strategy and luck of course! -I killed Kangax in Chapter 2 but when I try again I can't kill him damn-

------------------
"A silent blade does not cut always best..
A tender touch from the heart may heal the wounds of my friends..
Or a song from the heart..
A duet with nymphs..
Forget 'bout nymphs, let's play KISS!!"

-Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan