Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 11-24-2002, 05:51 PM   #1
D*Ranged

The most fun way to "shorten" these fools trying to kill my party?

Mine is, cast web and stinking cloud. Then kill them SLOWLY by delegating each party members to hurl missiles at them.

Note: U can always change web/stinking cloud with horror. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Oh and BTW, which bounty hunters/Bandits/Other NPCs ready to pick fight with u did u find to be "funniest"? Mine was a bandit in dwarven mines calling himself a mean SOB then get chopped to pieces by one swipe from Jaheira .
Old 11-25-2002, 02:46 AM   #2
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Well mayhaps the last party you encounter at the undercity. How did they manage to get there? So close to Sarevok and all... and compared to Thieves Maze, they were easy too.

2 or 3 fireballs is my usual way to go, but that isnīt fun.. stinking cloud is perhaps the funniest spell in the game.
Old 11-25-2002, 03:16 AM   #3
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

I wonder sometimes why I find it important to play mage heavy partys...meaning two mages as opposed to the regular single mage...the answer comes to me when I hear te magic words...fireball, fireball, fireball...Some people can stack a party with archers to the point that it is difficult for the bad guys to get within sword range....this is a great tactic if you can keep up the supply of arrows and still carry your plunder and booty...but how many enemies in the game can withstand two fireballs in quick succession followed closely by a third or even a fourth??? I have heard that BGII tames the fireball spellbut in BGI it is the great equalizer.
Old 11-25-2002, 07:38 AM   #4
Grungi
Banned User

the party in the undercity are sent by the iron throne to kill sarevok, killing you was just a bonus in their opinion, how they got through the thieves mage is a mystery and im guessing they didnt, they probably found another way into the undercity
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 03:06 PM   #5
Midget Gems

Early in the game there are several opponents who boast as to how they are going to kill you easily. I think it is quite funny to cast Command Word on them, most fail to save and end up flat on their back and consequently they are no threat at all.
Old 11-25-2002, 03:18 PM   #6
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
the party in the undercity are sent by the iron throne to kill sarevok, killing you was just a bonus in their opinion, how they got through the thieves mage is a mystery and im guessing they didnt, they probably found another way into the undercity
Ah, correct, of course. Either they:

1) Found another way to undercity (my guess)
2) They have camped and waited there a very long time, because I canīt see that all the enemies in Thieves Maze would have just let them pass in peace (or piece). (with all the monsters around, thatīs very unlikely)
3) Something else?

*sigh* yeah, Im really bored..
Old 11-26-2002, 06:18 AM   #7
Grungi
Banned User

oops 4th option

4) Coders didnt really care about working out how they got there just wanted an extra challenge + plot device before you got to sarevok

im going with 4 [img]smile.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote