Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2001, 12:21 AM   #1
gandolph

when is something else good coming out? this one was fun, but too short. my favorite is still might and magic, somehing about that game just straight kicks butt!!! i would like it if someone could tell me if there is a game out there worth a hout? i tried hellfire and some others, but nothing good???? please show me the way????????????
Old 02-11-2001, 12:42 AM   #2
Mammawlin

Hi Gandolph, (love that name) have you tried "Betrayal in Antara"? I really loved that one! There is also a Krondor and Return to Krondor after the same design as Antara. I really enjoyed Return to Krondor, but it was very short. I could not get Krondor to run, it doesn't recognize my RAM as being 96 and says I don't have enough. Or, Wyv would suggest you try WW again with different characters. I will try this when I have finished the first time through. I am delaying that by doing various role ascensions with my characters right now, and enjoying it very much. God speed to you!
Old 02-11-2001, 12:48 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, although it isn't out right now, the next thing coming down the pike is Wizardry 8, which I think a lot of us are waiting for. Wizardry 5, 6, and 7 were DW Bradley creations, so that should clue you in that Wiz 8 is going to be a lot like WW.

Also further down the way, I'm waiting with anticipation for TES 3: Morrowind from Bethesda. Having played TES: Arena and TES 2: Daggerfall to veteran status on both, I am definitely looking forward to this forthcoming 1st-person CRPG.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 03:10 AM   #4
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A few years ago I interviewed at Interplay for a Product Manager position. They asked me what I wanted to do and I said at the time I would like to bring out a new version of Bard's Tale but with on-line capability and kind of a stat board (like baseball stats or something). They said on-line gaming would never fly and that - I just about killed them when I heard this - Bard's Tale had not been that popular the first time around.

That's what they said. I reminded them that it had two sequels and was brought out on the Apple, Mac, Commodore, and I think IBM too... that is the sign of a very popular game. Not to mention the whole addiction factor. Did not matter and I did not get the job.

O well.
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 11:05 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

meow - oooo too bad! Sounds like you would have pointed them in a good direction!

I have long since given up on understanding game companies and game designers and am just grateful when a rare (even flawed) gem appears!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 03:46 PM   #6
superduck

I too am waiting for Wizardry 8............ and I heard that you can still use characters from 5,6,7 etc...........problem is, who would still have them????????
Old 02-11-2001, 03:55 PM   #7
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the big thing about Interplay is that the people I met with did not understand the type of people that play these games. I mean all of us will at least look at an RPG type of game unless it is too cheesy in design (ie A Disney RPG where you stand in line for rides and gain levels by buying knick-knacks at the stores). That usually translates into some sales and limited returns since the price is so low and software return policies are such a pain. I have a half a dozen or so games I bought, looked at one, and then never went back.

While Activision does have its problems I do know a few people over there and have met several more. They all are fans of games and therefore understand the market better.

I am still waiting for someone to hook in baseball style stats into an RPG on the Web. It would be cool to know that like your Paladin is in the top 10 for kills or that your Warlock has more overall Mana than any other player.
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 10:24 PM   #8
Kell Dogg

I found a rpg/stratagy game that was a killer! fallout & fallout 2. I thought these were really intense, and I liked how the game had many different ways for it to end...both are great and has real life decisions. #1 in the dogg house!