Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2001, 04:31 PM   #1
cheesus
Dungeon Master

i've just started underdark and my character exp is about, on average, 2,250,000 - am i going to waste exp before i leave underdark? i don't mind installing ToB but i'd rather do it when i can travel around the map freely. so should i be safely short of 2,800,000 (that's the limit i think) or am i doomed to curse myself? if i am doomed, can install ToB when i get close to the limit thus avoiding wasting valuable exp? and, final question i pormise, does ToB spoil shadows of amn in anyway - eg patches or modifications - that make installing it bit of a trade-off in terms of benefits?

cheers for any help you can give - and thanks to those who've replied with help to my earlier messages - i'm running out of game probs i hope!
Old 11-23-2001, 04:47 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well first you don't have to do the whole underdark before you can leave. If you don't want to install ToB while in there, you can just do the bare bones of it, leave, install ToB, then come back and do the bits you didn't do. The limit is actually higher than 2,800,000, I think it's 2,950,000 or something. Yes ToB does change some things, I can't think of many, but one big one is that the cloak of mirroring doesn't work the same as it did without installing ToB. But then you'll start getting high level abilities in SoA when you pass the exp cap which is a plus.
Old 11-23-2001, 07:32 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

forgive my ignoarance, but whats the problem with installing ToB in the underdark. plus according to some (old) reports you get any excess experience returned to you upon installing an addon. this data is from TotSC tho.
Old 11-23-2001, 07:50 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
forgive my ignoarance, but whats the problem with installing ToB in the underdark. plus according to some (old) reports you get any excess experience returned to you upon installing an addon. this data is from TotSC tho.

No, you don't get excess experience returned if you install it after you've exceeded the limit. I don't know why he wants to install it after the underdark, I just tried to help with what he wanted [img]smile.gif[/img]