Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2001, 01:30 AM   #1
Lorala
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wow, take a couple weeks' sabbatical to do trivial things like term papers and the whole site changes on you! I've just now gotten around to PLAYING BGII again, much less chatting about it...

Anyway, my question is this: how important is it to keep Imoen in you party after you rescue her? Since she seemed to be so important to the plot up until now, I'm kind of worried that if I don't put her back in my party afterwards, then it will be impossible to, say, advance to chapter five. I just really like my party as it is. Would it cause major problems in my game if I rescue her and then say so long?
Old 11-23-2001, 02:10 AM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

No, it won't cause any major problems. I didn't want to take her along because of the time it would take to catch her up on levels. I finished the game without her.
Old 11-23-2001, 05:02 AM   #3
Zbyszek

But if you went to Asylum early (or not really late) and will play ToB later, that experience gap is not really critical.
Old 11-23-2001, 05:08 AM   #4
Kingenigma
The Magister

I also did asylum when I was a lvl 12 undead slayer. She was lvl 11 mage 4 sum reason.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:19 AM   #5
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I restarted as a level 17 mage, and whe I got her back, she was level 13. Not shabby. Personal opinion, I'd NEVER do a game w/o Imoen. After all, she IS your sister. Though in TOB I have left her in the Plane for some battles, e.g. those darn demons in watcher's keep. Sorry, but when I role play, I really role play,
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-23-2001, 04:43 PM   #6
Taylor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Kingenigma:
I also did asylum when I was a lvl 12 undead slayer. She was lvl 11 mage 4 sum reason.

ok... uh... kinda a newbie but how do you play an undead slayer?
Old 11-23-2001, 05:09 PM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Taylor:

ok... uh... kinda a newbie but how do you play an undead slayer?

[img]smile.gif[/img] When you are creating a new character, pick the paladin class. There are different paladin kits and one of them is the Undead Hunter. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 07:36 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

you can finish the game w/o any chars at all. you could even kill imoen, but i suspect that would break things in the journal. even then it'd jsut be entrys that dont make sense rather than game-crippling bugs. the cutscene outside irenicuses dungeon already demonstrates that you cant affect the plot(put armour on her and cast silence. she will still throw that damn magic missile), and the imoen in the dreams is just an avatar of whatever weird part of you is talking to you.