Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-21-2001, 03:12 AM   #1
ikkezelf
Welcomed New User

minor spoiler space

Ok, i found the nether scroll for edwin. He studied it and gained a save vs. death spell. Then he turned into a woman [img]smile.gif[/img] Question : How do i get edwin back to normal? And will edwin leave if i am a too good character? my status now is heroic rep. 17

Thanks,

Marc
Old 11-21-2001, 05:59 AM   #2
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I think evil characters break at rep 19. Don't get that high if you want to keep Edwin (what am I saying "if" for, of course you want to keep Edwin!).

As for him as a woman I find it rather funny myself. I think there is a minor quest later on to turn him back but other than that you will just have to wait and ride it out. There is nothing you can do yourself to stop it as far as I remember.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-21-2001, 06:11 AM   #3
Flits3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Who is this Edwin everyone is talking about?
I am at the beginning of chapter 4 and haven't encoutered him yet.
Is he someone from BG1. And what is so special about him???

just curious...
Ever since we Gnomes created the \"Giant Space Hamsters\" I keep looking over my shoulder to see whether Wooly Rupert has finally caught up with me....<br />[url]\"http://flits3.aeoius.nl\" target=\"_blank\">Flits\' Fantasy and Fiction</a>
Old 11-21-2001, 08:35 AM   #4
ikkezelf
Welcomed New User

Edwin is the best spellcaster from the game (npc then) and he can be found in mae'vars guild house. But you have to do the shadow thieves quest which Reynald will give you.

Greetz.
Old 11-23-2001, 04:51 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

If you download the happy patch from www.baldurdash.com then no characters will break because of rep. also, romances between NPCs wont cause one of them to leave. (some romances are untested- rep. thing works though. read the instuctions first)
Old 11-23-2001, 06:56 AM   #6
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Ha! I kill Edwin every time I see him, so I don't know about him. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Sorry, just had to say that. My other party members think I'm crazy, (esp. my stepson) but my Paladin just can't let him live. N.B. the whole guild goes red and we have to kill them all, but I don't care. Paladins have to do good.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-23-2001, 07:10 AM   #7
Jan

Hey Galadria!

What happened after you killed Edwin???