Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2006, 01:17 PM   #171
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

*grumble*

Well? We ain't going to get anywhere in the league. He's play a fairly piss poor team today so we can play a decent-good team against Charlton in our quarter-final-reply in the FA cup.

At half time, when music was being played, the theme tune to The Bill came on [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Funny stuff.

Ahh well, we're safe from relegation, bring on the Cups!

(( Wellard, cheer for the Boro, not the Geordies ))
Old 04-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #172
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thanks Wellard. [img]smile.gif[/img] Yeah I know, I guess I have mentioned him a lot on and off throughout the years here LOL.

Well I have a small update, but it's still nothing certain yet. Apparently they did a "lower GI" or whatever and didn't find anything wrong, yet he is still losing 2 pints of blood a day. But later on today I got a call and they think they MIGHT have figured it out. I cannot recall the name of it, something that starts with a "D". But where a part of your intestine, a pore so to speak on your intestine, gets enlarged and ends up rupturing. Anyways, if they find out that indeed is the case I think they are going to operate and cut that part of his intestine out.

So he's gonna be in the hospital for awhile. But I'm feeling better though, I mean it's not cancer or anything at least. I am hoping to go with a co-worker of mine to visit him on Wednesday, bring him his military emails he loves to read and the paper, and a book. He's got a few books in his office friends have given him about stories re old military ships, and they don't look like he's read them from the clean straight pages. Soo..

Oh man though, it's so boring at work. There is nothing on the docket, so without him there to give me work, I really have nothing to do but sit there and answer the phone. Today the phone rang 2 times, whooo! I need something to do, but my PC there is old, even though I have cable. Bah I'm gonna be pulling my hair out by Friday, you watch LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #173
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

LZ, hope youre boss makes a swift recovery [img]smile.gif[/img] from what little I can gather he sounds like an old-school badass wish him all the best [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #174
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Could it be diverticulitis, LZ? That involves polyps in the intestine growing significantly larger... food gets caught by them, they can cause blockage, and other nasty stuff.

If that's it (and I'm no MD like Attalus), I don't think it's too bad. My mom had it a few years ago, and once the swelling was under control, it was just a case of watching her diet and eliminating seeds and other things that can get caught.

I do hope he makes a good recovery, and that they can track it down and repair it quickly. Two pints a day are to be drunk, not lost...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:20 AM   #175
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

That sounds pretty scary, LZ. Hope he gets better soon, it sounds like he's a trooper in any case. It's always rough when something like that happens, especially to an older person, but it doesn't sound like it's life-threatening or altering, so that's good news. Like I said, hope he gets better soon, for himself and your sanity.

[ 04-11-2006, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 04-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #176
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hope Mr A is doing ok and they've got the problem under control, or at least are working on it. When will they know about surgery? Hope it's soon and you get some work to keep you from going stir crazy, sis! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Got some not so good news of my own on the same track. My dear friend's mother went to the hospital last night because she just lost strength in her legs and fell over. Luckily her son and grandson were coming over for dinner and found her. Still no word on what happened, but she's been on some medications to help muscle control and we hope it's just a matter of adjusting things. Still, she was moved today and my friend isn't sure why or what type of room, it may be icu...so we're waiting to hear more.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #177
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Not a good time to be a friend or relative of someone in IW.... let's get 'em all to become members so this doesn't happen any more

Hope your friend's mother does well, Cloudy, and they can track it down.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #178
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Not a good time to be a friend or relative of someone in IW.... let's get 'em all to become members so this doesn't happen any more

Hope your friend's mother does well, Cloudy, and they can track it down.
Me too, Bungleau, me too! She's just started being more active as they moved her to a senior assisted living apartment, so we all want her to have a few more years of quality time!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #179
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

My fiancé's mother gave birth today to a baby boy.

Mother and baby are healthy, and headed home today too.

My fiancé is rather happy.

[ 04-11-2006, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Q'alooaith ]
Old 04-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #180
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thanks Bungleau, TrueMoose and Cloudy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bungleau, yep that was the word I was trying to remember! Indeed that does seem to be what his problem is. And I read your post this morning, where you mentioned your mom having to eliminate seeds and things from her diet, and it got me to thinking what might have started all this with my boss. And it was easy too - Popcorn!!! The man eats popcorn like it's going out of style, I bet that is the culprit!

I visited with him today finally in the hospital. I tried to go yesterday but getting to Walter Reed with all those stupid immigration protesting going on was impossible! He seemed OK and his bleeding has slowed down so they may not have to operate if it continues to get better on it's own. He's still in Intensive Care, but if he improves they'll move him back to Immediate Care. I mentioned to him re the popcorn, and he told a doctor who popped in about it, and the doctor said that an "old school" saying used to be that popcorn would give you diverticulitis (or however you spell it!).

Either way, I'm taking ALL his popcorn he's got here in the office home LOL.

So hopefully he'll be OK. And I'm probably going to leave early cause I'm going nuts sitting here in this quiet office all alone when it is 70 outside! Nothing to do at all, aggg!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote