Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-31-2005, 12:51 PM   #11
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Here here, Intrepid!

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:19 PM   #12
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Q'alooaith:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

So if a person is geniunely unable to find work elsewhere then they have to consider prostitution, or lose their unemployment benifits...

I think thats wrong.
It's the timescale involved, 12 months before they have to take a job or risk losing the benifits, a whole year in which they can look for a job..

Yes there's a diffrence between waiting tables and *ahem*, but still it's not like they don't have a choice..

A year is more than enough time to find a job.
[/QUOTE]Well if it's so nice I propose you move there and become a prostitute...
Old 01-31-2005, 05:16 PM   #13
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

That was a bit harsh, man...not much less harsh than Q'alooaith's quote, but harsh nonetheless.

Anyone know anything about German civil liberty laws? I mean, in America, this problem could (and would) be shot down pretty quickly, I would think. Well, as quickly as the Republic moves, anyway.

Regardless of the fact that prostitution is legal in many environs, I still have to say that it is not a good thing. It materializes and subjugates women in ways that they SHOULD NEVER be forced into.

Of course, if they would like to be prostitutes, that is different.

Old 01-31-2005, 05:27 PM   #14
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

So if a person is geniunely unable to find work elsewhere then they have to consider prostitution, or lose their unemployment benifits...

I think thats wrong.
It's the timescale involved, 12 months before they have to take a job or risk losing the benifits, a whole year in which they can look for a job..

Yes there's a diffrence between waiting tables and *ahem*, but still it's not like they don't have a choice..

A year is more than enough time to find a job.
[/QUOTE]Well if it's so nice I propose you move there and become a prostitute...
[/QUOTE]the problem in germany i hear now is thier quite high unemployment. so finding a job would be kinda hard.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:53 PM   #15
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentThief:
Yeah, them germans DON'T have it right; they should be like us and allow women to sit around and pop a kid out every nine months; and then have the taxpayers pay for it, and put the fathers in jail (for when you go to jail; then you CANNOT pay child support OR have a job). Follow our example, for WE are the ENLIGHTENED society.
while i realize you are talking to the extreme situations, youm ust know there are people on welfare here on our own board, and myself a woman who in may with have 3 children under the age of 3. i'm quite insulted. yeh we get gov't help, but my husband works a full time job that simply doesn't pay enough. more often than not the system helps those that need it, not just those that use it.

as far as fathers in jail there is the option to work while in jail, but it's not easy to get and as far as i can tell the system doesn't blindly seek out dead beat dads and jail them, usually they are there because they suck at being people and did something they deserve being there.

also, and i see this as a failing of the american gov't, they have a limit of so many years for cash assitance, at least here in my state they do. because of that a friend of mine who can only find temp jobs will no longer be getting help in april because her ex is in jail and the system will no longer help her and her child.

ok rant on the off topic topic is done

the on topic rant-

that's disgusting.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:34 PM   #16
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

As an aside, who call what a "victimless crime"? You've lost me here VulcanRider...

[ 01-31-2005, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 02-01-2005, 12:51 AM   #17
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Some (especially in the US) refer to prostitution as a "victimless crime," because of the satisfied nature of the transaction, where neither side does anything against his or her own will...or so the idea of the thing goes. "They" in this case would be the proponents of legalizing prostitution in all liklihood.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:38 AM   #18
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Well if it's so nice I propose you move there and become a prostitute...
I don't speak enough german, and I'd not pass the health check if you realy must know.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
As an aside, who call what a "victimless crime"? You've lost me here VulcanRider...
Yea, I've been thinking that since (s)he posted this thread, it's not a crime and the only people who suffer are thouse who have not found work for more than a year..

It might be very distastfull for some, but they can still say no, if they keep their benifits after turning a job down depends on the circustances.

-Q

[ 02-01-2005, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: Q'alooaith ]
Old 02-01-2005, 07:43 AM   #19
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Yea, I've been thinking that since (s)he posted this thread, it's not a crime and the only people who suffer are thouse who have not found work for more than a year..

It might be very distastfull for some, but they can still say no, if they keep their benifits after turning a job down depends on the circustances.

-Q [/QB]
That's the point of the article. If they say no, they WILL lose their benefits. If they wanted to be a prostitute, they wouldn't be unemployed in the first place -- it's not like you have to go to school to study for it...

A quick Google search turned up this page German unemployment which shows Germany's unemployment rate has been in double digits (10-12%) for over 2 years, this page shows it's been like that since at least 1999, and this pdf shows it's been in double digits since 1996, and was over 9% in '94 and '95. IIRC, 2 or 3 years ago the US was supposed to be deep in a recession, and our rate was what, around 7%? So jobs might not be as easy to find as some of you are assuming. And more importantly, forcing people into a trade they might find immoral or could be physically dangerous [aol voice]You've Got Aids![/aol] I think is wrong.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:59 PM   #20
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I think it's rape.

It's not important if you're a forced at gunpoint or with your source of income...