Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-28-2003, 08:50 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have four media players.

The only one I use for video is Windows Media 9, though I also have QT as well.
The one I was using for audio is Winamp
I want to play audio with Audigy 2's player (I think)

Now...when I told Creative Labs Player to play audio...it also took over video. I went back in and told WMP to own video and for all audio to be with CreativeLabs, Audigy 2. Now, Video is working properly, but the audio is playing through Winamp, has .wav icons, and uses the Audigy 2's EAX enviromental audio! Ahhhh!

Help! What do I need to do to get this sorted?
Old 12-28-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

This... anomaly... looks usefull. Winamp using Audigy 2 wares? Nice. What winamp have you got?
Old 12-28-2003, 10:13 PM   #3
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

If you want to exclusively use WMP9 (which I don't recommend, btw) and the CL player, just uninstall winamp.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:51 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Whew...that was worrysome, but I lived through it. I went to the file page and messed around until I got the proper things playing, then deleted Winamp.

Oh, Bozo, for you question...I had selected audio EAX in the Audigy2, then played a song with Winamp. EAX stayed intact. I guess it has something to do with Winamp still needing to use my Audigy soundcard to make noise and the buttons do not turn off on the card when a different player besides thiers is running. Cool, eh?
Old 12-29-2003, 03:43 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
If you want to exclusively use WMP9 (which I don't recommend, btw) and the CL player, just uninstall winamp.
wait wait wait... how come? can you elaborate? I mean i have no problems with and all... well maybe perhaps that it is slower to load than Winamp... but what's the realy problem behind WMP9? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 11:04 AM   #6
Elif Godson
Dracolich

worst case scenario just r-click on the file and select open with _________ and the check the box that say's always use this, dont know if that help's Win Amp can be a pain though I know what you are going through