Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-27-2001, 01:32 PM   #11
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
LOL!!!! And the question was actually, more or less rhetorical, SC, sweetie!

BTW - good point in your other post re: schools not likely to allow a covening. No, we have to go hide behind trees and in basements. Alas! That's all right, I prefer to woods anyway! Brings me closer to the forces of nature.

Absolutely! I draw the line at skyclad though, I just don't feel right without me green wellies on! (I have two pairs, back paws and front paws... The back paw set are a size bigger. Isn't that odd?)

------------------

Ascended Mistress of Illumination
Old 09-27-2001, 01:37 PM   #12
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Silver Cheetah the witch. Of course!

The problem with the poem is that it states a popular bit of untrue political propaganda -- namely that it is illegal to pray in school. No Supreme
Court opinion has ever held that, or any american law said that.

What the constitution forbids is state sponsorship of a religion to the exclusion of others. That applies to All religions equally, Christianity and the others. And THAT is what certain fundamentalist christians who continue the above propaganda really object to. Their real beef is that they want Christianity recognized by the state as a sort of official amercian religion, and are frustrated by resistance to that idea.

The propaganda is based in part on erroneus claims that american was founded on Christian principles or as a Christian nation.

What formed the political entitity known as the United States, through its best and noblest aspects of law designed to maximize freedom, were political philosophies born from a meeting of liberal political philosophies from Europe such as the English philosopher John Locke's social contract theories with a wild and vigourous strain of freedom born of the anarchistic frontier and Indian influence, for instance the Iroquois confederacy, a personal study of which profoundly influenced Benjamin Franklin's (who was of course one of the key figures in the Revolution) ideas on democracy.

Christianity had little or nothing to do with the political principles which the US gov't is founded on.
Hey Dio, got any big pointy black hats I can borrow? Mine got knocked off my head by a witch hunting party just the other day. They also took my broom (very sad..... )

Re the more serious point you're making - aha! The whole thing went straight over my small Cheetah head, just like Concorde.......

Thought it was a bit odd actually, the States being the Christian place they are... but I thought it best not to open the floodgates by posing any sort of question. Poems about religion...... ho hum.

Hey, shall I post one of my poems some time?? I do dirty doggeral or sweet and sensitive. What would you prefer?

------------------

Old 09-27-2001, 01:38 PM   #13
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Absolutely! I draw the line at skyclad though, I just don't feel right without me green wellies on! (I have two pairs, back paws and front paws... The back paw set are a size bigger. Isn't that odd?)
ROTFLMAO!!! You are TOOO much, girl! Gotta love ya!

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Honored to be a member of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."
Old 09-27-2001, 02:03 PM   #14
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
ROTFLMAO!!! You are TOOO much, girl! Gotta love ya!

Tee hee thanks DragonMage, I love me too!! (ps. NOT a girl! I'm a cheetah! grrrrooowwwwlyowlywowl - not really - sending cheetah hugs

------------------

Old 09-27-2001, 02:08 PM   #15
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Hey Dio, got any big pointy black hats I can borrow? Mine got knocked off my head by a witch hunting party just the other day. They also took my broom (very sad..... )

Re the more serious point you're making - aha! The whole thing went straight over my small Cheetah head, just like Concorde.......

Thought it was a bit odd actually, the States being the Christian place they are... but I thought it best not to open the floodgates by posing any sort of question. Poems about religion...... ho hum.

Hey, shall I post one of my poems some time?? I do dirty doggeral or sweet and sensitive. What would you prefer?

A sample of both, please
Old 09-27-2001, 02:34 PM   #16
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Silver
Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
A sample of both, please
Ok, I've already put up the doggeral, now I'll go hunt out sweet and sensitive....

------------------

Old 09-27-2001, 03:14 PM   #17
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

The original pilgrims were primarily Quaker, were they not?
Old 09-27-2001, 03:19 PM   #18
Absynthe

Quote:

Dammitall, I know better than to eat lunch while reading your posts! Now I have to clean root beer off the keyboard....
Not to mention the mental picture of a naked cheetahmorph dancing around a fire in green wellies....

To quote DragonMage, you are too much, and too much is just enough!

------------------

Old 09-27-2001, 03:28 PM   #19
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
The original pilgrims were primarily Quaker, were they not?
Certainly gave the Indians the shakes!

------------------

Old 09-27-2001, 03:47 PM   #20
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Quote:

Dammitall, I know better than to eat lunch while reading your posts! Now I have to clean root beer off the keyboard....
Not to mention the mental picture of a naked cheetahmorph dancing around a fire in green wellies....

To quote DragonMage, you are too much, and too much is just enough!

Cheetah do purr and preen. She like nice peoples who say lovely things.... Your 'naked cheetahmorph' image just made me splutter putter....

By the way, I have sent 'THE TEST' to DragonMage, Dio and Ramon, so you don't have to. Now we wait in eager anticippppppp ation for their scores.

------------------