Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2001, 10:25 AM   #1
Conan

Well, ...my thoughts and prayers with NYC and DC. All of my freinds and family were calling me all last night to see how I was. I am more angry than anything right now. Its hard to say whats open in town now but I stayed home today to see where I can donate blood and help. But they have more people to help than anyone ever thought would come.
The musuem I work in is underground and by the time I came outside I could see the smoke billowing from the Pentagon. Some kind of propane tank exploded while I was looking and we all thought that mybe some planted bombs were going off. Shortly after that the museum guards kicked us all out of the building and said go home. I was amazed at how calm(mostly) and fast DC emptied. After about 3 or 4 hours most of the streets were empty or blocked with Park Police with machine guns. I have never seen them with machine guns before.
Its would seem that a better emergency plan could have been in place but it did work for the most part. Your stuck when officials stop all trains, and close 95 soulth. The Potomac seperates the city from Virginia. No way to get across this side of the city.
I have read many of IWs posts and responses...I am with you all in your concerns and thoughts.This was a heart breaking day. I hope that they can find some more survivors in NYC...because I doubt if there is anyone left to rescue at the Pentagon.

Conan

Old 09-12-2001, 10:30 AM   #2
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

In Ottawa, cops are EVERYWHERE!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-12-2001, 11:15 AM   #3
MagiK

Why Ottawa?

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-12-2001, 11:47 AM   #4
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Yesterday here in Spokane Washington (the state not DC) the cops and the firetrucks were everywhere driving around town too.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-12-2001, 11:56 AM   #5
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ah yes... it was on the news that Berlin had a bomb threat today - the Foreign Ministry or something like that. The building was evacuated but they couldn't find any bombs. I guess that it was a kind of mean joke

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-12-2001, 01:46 PM   #6
MagiK

Guess this has a lot of folks distressed.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-12-2001, 03:40 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Good on you Conan for offering to help out and donate blood. Unfortunately I can't give blood cause they say I don't weigh enough. Oh well, if I could I most certainly would that is for sure. I'm so glad though to know that already so many have donated. I have already posted my experiences in DC yesterday, so will not repeat it here. Needless to say, I was right there in the chaos too neighbor. And I agree, I do not, unfortunately, foresee any survivors at the Pentagon

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 05:12 PM   #8
Elif Godson
Dracolich

My co workers sister(and friend) was one of the lucky ones.
She had a late phone call that delayed her from leaving
for work on time. She was worried that sh ewould be late
for her 9.00 appointment. What a relief.
That makes 6 mia's. Her brother was on the Airforce side
but there is still noword from him.

------------------
If you dont know where you are going, stop spin around three times and then your home.