Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 12:35 PM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Let's not jump to conclusions until we have arrived at all the facts. He is a suspect but under the American justice system he is innocent until proven guilty.

We can speculate about whether or not he did it, but to advocate violence against him when he hasn't been proved guilty of this particular crime is premature.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 12:43 PM   #12
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Sorry Mem, I don't see it that way. In My book he should already be dead. His people were convicted for the attacks in Africa in 1998 in which over 250 died and 4000 more hurt. The last of them were sentenced just last month (I think).
He also took credit for the attack on the USS Cole that killed 17 sailors. It was in one of his recruiting videos. I saw it last night. If he didn't do it, go ahead and put him second on the list for extinction. De deserves to be there.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 09-12-2001, 12:46 PM   #13
MagiK

Actually Bin Ladden has denied involvment in every terrorist attack his supporters have sanctioned. He can prove he didn't do these last attacks, since everyone involved died in the crashed jets.....kinda funny that it is ok for his supporters to die in attacks but he seems unwilling to make this same sacrifice...pity that...

He did however, make a public announcement yesterday praising the actions of the heros who struck a blow against the great Evil thatis the USA. (or so I heard reported.)

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-12-2001).]

Old 09-12-2001, 12:49 PM   #14
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
He also took credit for the attack on the USS Cole that killed 17 sailors. It was in one of his recruiting videos. I saw it last night. If he didn't do it, go ahead and put him second on the list for extinction. De deserves to be there.

Sir-Tainly he has a habbit of denying personal involvment, he just praises those of his followers who happen to succeed in killing US citizens and any bystanders who happen to be around.

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 01:29 PM   #15
Tuor
Elminster

Osama Bin Laden never admits or denies responsibility for his attacks and he never has that is a cold unequivical fact.

He has featured attacks on US personnel and targets in the past on recruiting videos but he has NEVER stood up and said 'yep that was me'.

In a way it makes sense because it puts the onus of responsibility in proving who was responsble on the country who has suffered the outrage and terrorist attacks are notoriously difficult to 'solve'.

If he starts admitting to stuff the temptation to wipe him out in a black op just gets stronger.

Yes I know he said he didn't do it yesterday but I imagine he knows what is going to happen to the people who did and he's keeping quiet so he doesn't upset his Taliban pals-who quite rightly fear US retailation and have allegedly offered to hand him over to the US.
Old 09-12-2001, 01:47 PM   #16
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Billikins the Bold:
Whilst on the subject on bin Laden here's a 1998 article on him that people may find interesting:

http://msnbc.com/news/190144.asp

Very interesting article.

The internet news is covering some of the search warrants and investigation. Apparently some of those identified as "potential" (following Memnoch's innocence before guilty lead) terrorists attended a flight school in Florida -- graduating in January.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley
Old 09-12-2001, 02:17 PM   #17
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Of course he's not responsible. He just recruits, funds, trains, equips, provides intelligence, and suggests courses of action. What they do after that isn't his responsibility, right? In my opinion, the Taliban guys on TV who were saying they were not involved looked a shade paler than they should have. As a matter of fact, they looked like they were ready to lose bowel control if someone sneezed too loud. They are perfectly aware that they are mere hours away from becoming the worlds largest smoking cinder should the finger fall on them. They also know this gives us the perfect excuse to occupy Afghanistan. I think they will find their own evidence of Bin Ladens guilt, be it real or not, and beg us to take the "Hot Potato" off their hands. He's set himself up for Martyr/scapegoat status. As it stands, we may be up for another occupied foreign country.
Old 09-12-2001, 02:21 PM   #18
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Let's not jump to conclusions until we have arrived at all the facts. He is a suspect but under the American justice system he is innocent until proven guilty.

We can speculate about whether or not he did it, but to advocate violence against him when he hasn't been proved guilty of this particular crime is premature.

Well, even if he had nothing to do with this one, he was proven to be the head of the '93 bombing attempt. If he died now, justice would be served to the things he did back then, even if it had nothing to do with that now.

The only sad part would be that if we took his life, we might stop looking for the current assailant.

***by the time I wrote this, four posts beat me to the point that I was making We are all of one mind, it appears.

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 02:23 PM   #19
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Sorry Mem, I don't see it that way. In My book he should already be dead. His people were convicted for the attacks in Africa in 1998 in which over 250 died and 4000 more hurt. The last of them were sentenced just last month (I think).

There's the logic I'm looking for Baby! This guy's a menace to the free world. A murderer of innocents. After they get him they need to check his head for the mark! With any luck, they can check for it while the marines drink Budweiser out of his empty head! Let's have a "Bin Laden" skull keg party!
Old 09-12-2001, 02:25 PM   #20
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
They also know this gives us the perfect excuse to occupy Afghanistan. I think they will find their own evidence of Bin Ladens guilt, be it real or not, and beg us to take the "Hot Potato" off their hands. He's set himself up for Martyr/scapegoat status. As it stands, we may be up for another occupied foreign country.
I really don't think there is any interest in occupying Afghanistan, there is aboslutly nothing of worth there. It is really amazing that it exists as a country at all. You would think someone else would have taken them over but then again...theres nothing there to want....No I doubt there would be a desire for occupation, just a few selected sites marked for total destruction.

------------------