Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2001, 10:18 PM   #1
G'kar

I just wish the media would quit showwing the second plane hit the wtc every five minutes. It's beginning to make me sick! All I think about when I see it is the sudden death of so many people. And that footage of the person who fell like 80 stories, obviously in a panic. It's getting a little overdone for me. Maybe they have nothing else to show or I should turn it off, but I want news of survivors. Its all the hope I have left. Rant Rant Rant!!!!! Thanks for letting me get it all out!

Old 09-11-2001, 10:21 PM   #2
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

ouchies!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-11-2001, 10:22 PM   #3
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I hear ya! It gets old. I'm watching Jag now.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 10:51 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I know how you feel, G'Kar. It just makes you feel like you want to get sick, doesn't it?

I think I'm going to take a break in a bit, and, gross as this sounds, go play a game for awhile. Anything to take my mind off of the real tragedy that's going on.

Just hang in there!

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 12:35 AM   #5
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I know how you feel, G'Kar. It just makes you feel like you want to get sick, doesn't it?

I think I'm going to take a break in a bit, and, gross as this sounds, go play a game for awhile. Anything to take my mind off of the real tragedy that's going on.

Just hang in there!

So I'm not the only one that was sick to their stomach. My Stomach was so upset after watching it I needed to lay down.. I FEEL like I have 200 ulcers in my stomach right now.

Prayers to all those that have lost their lives and the HEROS (Police and Fire Officials and EMS) that lost their lives saving people.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-12-2001, 12:38 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

So I'm not the only one that was sick to their stomach. My Stomach was so upset after watching it I needed to lay down.. I FEEL like I have 200 ulcers in my stomach right now.

Prayers to all those that have lost their lives and the HEROS (Police and Fire Officials and EMS) that lost their lives saving people.

I felt the same way, Z.. going to bed.. putting out the candle and saying more prayers...long day and more to come

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-12-2001, 12:40 AM   #7
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Agreed. I havent seen the one about the person falling 80 stories, CNN didnt show it. Disturbing enough was the reports from eyewitnesses that saw people leaping out..It gave the the chills and its enough to make me shed tears for people I've never seen to be driven to desperation.

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-12-2001, 12:58 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

eyewitness.. my friend I was so worried about all day.. her office is near bldg 7 that came down...

from her email to me:

"I was at work, a few blocks north. The floor shook, then we heard that a plane
hit a tower, and went down to see. I saw/heard/felt the explosions, and saw
bodies falling. I saw the first tower come down. At that point I was almost
home. I watched for a second, didn't want to see anymore. I want to forget
this.

Kami"

She tells of no water or power and the struggle to get her pets out of her apt... which she cannot go back to now. Her bag with money, credit cards, car and apt keys is locked in the office bldg.. part of a crime scene. She is temporarily homeless and we (her mailing list friends) are trying to help her out. This is a time when neighbor and friend help anyone who is in need. I'm proud to be an American and proud of how we are facing this nightmare.

Cloudbringer

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-12-2001, 01:21 AM   #9
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Yes it is sickning, disturbing,and any otehr vile word you can put there,but you almost cant help but watch you know?

Kina like a void that pulls you in..

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-12-2001, 01:27 AM   #10
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

The whole thing is sick, everything that happened and it makes me gag. Fortuneatly, the media isn't exaggerating it way out of proportion like they do everything else. You know it's bad when they don't exaggerate things because you know it's because they CAN'T! I turned of the TV awhile ago, there wasn't anything new coming out, just the same old stuff over and over.

Cloudy, I know how you feel about a friend being there. I talked to a friend of mine today who was a block away from the Twin Towers when they were hit. I can't imagine what it was like.....

My best wishes,
-Jafin

------------------

The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Guardian of Boo