Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 04:44 PM   #11
MagiK

Unfortunately the press is not printing or reporting the critical shortage of manpower in the services, The army is criticly short on pilots for helicopters and all the other services are very short handed as well. No matter how advanced the Uniformed services become they will always need large amounts of Manpower. Only men on the ground can hold that ground. You may be able to bomb a place back to the stone age but you will still need the grunts to go in and hold that ground. Anyone know what the AirForce' war cry is??

The Marines have Uuuu-Rah
Navy's is Hooooo-Yaaaa
The Army has a weird one I cant spell but never have I heard of an airforce
war cry...closest I can imagine is a pilot going into a 9G turn saying oooooooof

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 04:46 PM   #12
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Yes I would fight. Been doing it all my life in one
way or another.

------------------
If you dont know where you are going, stop spin around three times and then your home.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:51 PM   #13
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

The artillery and infantry did plenty of pounding buddy. Don't beleive everything you read. MLRS, 8 in. howitzers and 155mm howitzers lit up the night! The king of battle is ALWAYS involved when you're talking ground troops. Tankers had their fair share of encounters also, and I watched them drive by on their way.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:02 PM   #14
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
You must understand, it's not "if" we were attacked and "if" we're short of manpower. We WERE attacked, we just don't know by whom as of yet and we ARE short of soldiers!
As far as terrorism of this sort can be dealt with by a traditional style war (and that is a very doubtful proposition), the US military is quite large enough already.

Old 09-11-2001, 05:13 PM   #15
Sigmar
Unicorn

I'm too young but I would if I could. I can either protect my country by sacrificing my life or I can stay at home and watch the war wage while thinking to myself all the way through, could I have made a differance? Tough question and an ever tougher answer.

------------------
"If complete and utter chaos was lightning,then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting "All gods are bastards"."-Rincewind
Sigmar, proud warrior of clan HADB.
Old 09-11-2001, 07:59 PM   #16
DEADMAN
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

We are not that short on manpower. Soldiers seem barely needed in modern warfare. Most of the fighting is either electronic or tactical. From what I understand, in the gulf soldiers were used for peacekeeping and special forces were used to light up targets. That's it - at least from what the media says.

We are short on manpower, I was with the marines and I still keep in touch with people that our in. The concept of"electronic" is what the media likes to push, that it's all hi tech and people dont need to risk themselves anymore. Believe me this is false, it still takes the grunt to fight. Planes cant take ground. The gulf war was not ended by airpower, it still took troops to take Kuwait back. And something that they didn't show in the media was all the fighting that was happening. On special forces, there used for specific objective missions. You dont ask a special forces team to take on a army, they ll get steam rolled, thats not what there for. Last point on the high tech end, yes we used some but the most common munition used by aircraft was the classic iron bomb.You dont need several armor corps from the army and over two divisions of marines for peace keeping

Old 09-11-2001, 08:03 PM   #17
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i just got out of the Marines (infantry) in november, but would gladly re-up, just to get a crack at these bastards. the cowards need to be taught a lesson, and i wish i was on one of the helos that took off from norfolk today, just so i could go and get my sights on habib. anyway, god bless America, and may we vanquish our foes with extreme predudice.

osama bin laden must DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 09-11-2001, 09:48 PM   #18
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by DEADMAN...

We are short on manpower, I was with the marines and I still keep in touch with people that our in. The concept of"electronic" is what the media likes to push, that it's all hi tech and people dont need to risk themselves anymore. Believe me this is false, it still takes the grunt to fight. Planes cant take ground. The gulf war was not ended by airpower, it still took troops to take Kuwait back. And something that they didn't show in the media was all the fighting that was happening. On special forces, there used for specific objective missions. You dont ask a special forces team to take on a army, they ll get steam rolled, thats not what there for. Last point on the high tech end, yes we used some but the most common munition used by aircraft was the classic iron bomb.You dont need several armor corps from the army and over two divisions of marines for peace keeping

Where were you stationed? One of my best friends was in fast company stationed out at 29 stumps.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 09-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 10:00 PM   #19
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Unfortunately the press is not printing or reporting the critical shortage of manpower in the services, The army is criticly short on pilots for helicopters and all the other services are very short handed as well. No matter how advanced the Uniformed services become they will always need large amounts of Manpower. Only men on the ground can hold that ground. You may be able to bomb a place back to the stone age but you will still need the grunts to go in and hold that ground. Anyone know what the AirForce' war cry is??

The Marines have Uuuu-Rah
Navy's is Hooooo-Yaaaa
The Army has a weird one I cant spell but never have I heard of an airforce
war cry...closest I can imagine is a pilot going into a 9G turn saying oooooooof

The air force's war cry is "throw a nickle on the grass, save a fighter pilot's ass". At least that's what I remember my dad and the other fighter pilots saying. To answer the original question YES.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-11-2001, 10:11 PM   #20
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

If it goes to war,without a doubt I'll be back in a tank.I was mostly in the m60a3, but had many hours in the abrams as well.Hell if it has a track and a gun I'll command it.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 09-11-2001).]