Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 12:50 PM   #11
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Avatar, just my 2c, this is NOT the time to be making politically-sensitive jokes. This is the third anti-Bush joke I've read from you. Your timing may be a bit off and I don't want you to end up getting flamed by others as a result.

You're absolutely entitled to express your opinion - we don't censor any of that here. But show a bit of tact. Leave the anti-Bush rhetoric for when people have calmed down and can respond to you rationally. It's just commonsense, I don't want you inflaming people here, ok?

sorry Memmnoch. Won't happen again.
YES SIR! Mr. Serious Pants (Imoen's voice)!

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:50 PM   #12
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I don't want to get into a big arguement here, but they are not going into hiding. They are going to secure locations so they can handle the situation. The word Hiding implies a lack of intention to handle the problem. Why are they "hiding"? I would say because they would be prime candidates for terrorist attacks, and if we are going to respond to this attack, they need to be alive to lead the country.

This whole thread is a moot point anyways, because as Moni said, nobody knows where they are going to. The Secret Service wouldn't disclose that information.

Seriously, this is a time for us all to stand together against terrorist activity, not a time for us to pick apart our government and complain about why we don't like our president.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 12:53 PM   #13
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I don't want to get into a big arguement here, but they are not going into hiding. They are going to secure locations so they can handle the situation. The word Hiding implies a lack of intention to handle the problem. Why are they "hiding"? I would say because they would be prime candidates for terrorist attacks, and if we are going to respond to this attack, they need to be alive to lead the country.

This whole thread is a moot point anyways, because as Moni said, nobody knows where they are going to. The Secret Service wouldn't disclose that information.

Seriously, this is a time for us all to stand together against terrorist activity, not a time for us to pick apart our government and complain about why we don't like our president.

Good point. But i wanted to let everyone in on this news as i got it.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 12:54 PM   #14
MagiK

Avatar are you seriously asserting that now is not a time for seriousness?
Do you think this crisis is a time for joking and laughter? Did you post on the mature teen post?

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 12:56 PM   #15
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
You're absolutely entitled to express your opinion - we don't censor any of that here. But show a bit of tact. Leave the anti-Bush rhetoric for when people have calmed down and can respond to you rationally. It's just commonsense, I don't want you inflaming people here, ok?

If anyone else were in charge, I would not be nearly as worried about what is to come of this but I'll attempt as well to hold my tongue about the man and how I feel about his leadership. I would rather be suprised by strong leadership than to see the fruition of what I can think he would do.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-11-2001).]

Old 09-11-2001, 12:56 PM   #16
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Avatar are you seriously asserting that now is not a time for seriousness?
Do you think this crisis is a time for joking and laughter? Did you post on the mature teen post?

No on the 1st bit. Just trying to lighten up. Don't want anyone to freak out.
P.S. if you are distressed better not read this.
As for the latter bit. I did (very sheepishly) even weaker

As with all my other posts, just trying to divert attention on to laptops, cool sigs, politics, anything that will forget the bloodshed.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Avatar (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 12:58 PM   #17
Moni

Amen, Avatar!
The media will play this to death for us as the weeks progress.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 01:03 PM   #18
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Amen, Avatar!
The media will play this to death for us as the weeks progress.

I can see the headlines:

for my fav. Daily Telegraph (no writing but millions of colour pics)
for lefty Guardian (haha stocks go down)
for central Times (simple planes crahes...blah) very factual
for the tabloids which I love burning for warmth (Prince William....blah) they don't care about world news.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Avatar (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 01:13 PM   #19
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

I apologize. I was way off base, but I just got so MAD at the thought that these terrorists (or whoever) could be planning even MORE destruction and there isn't anywhere any of US can go to be safe. We just have to sit here and hope noone bombs us. I know it's important for our government heads to be safe to try to figure out what to do. I don't blame him for that, really, I was just so distraught and needed to vent. I, in reality, voted for Bush and have been upset that everyone else bashes him all the time. I just got overwhelmed with the idea of them safe while everyone else falls under the category of "acceptable losses". I frustrated and scared. Bad combination for me, makes me go to pieces....sorry.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-11-2001, 01:18 PM   #20
skywalker
Banned User

DragonMage
I don't think you need to apologise at all. I hate the fact that the average person is less important than others. But it is reality we face every day. We are all not expendable. I care as much about your life as I care about my wife as I care about every person in this country. We are all as important as Mr. Bush...never, ever forget that!

Mark

(My 2 cents)