Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 09:37 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I just spoke to a friend who watched the towers collapse from his apartment window. Very traumatizing.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 01:59 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I just spoke to a friend who watched the towers collapse from his apartment window. Very traumatizing.
Yes. My Chairman's wife saw that from her balcony and the brother of one of our students was there on the street. Horrors these people will have to live with and it's painful for us to even imagine it.

Maz, does your friend have to evacuate the building or are they ok?

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-12-2001, 02:04 PM   #13
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Unfortunately, until the media has something new to show, we will be seeing the same thing over and over again. I am so sad for all the people who have needlessly lost their lives and for all their families and friends. I cannot imagine what it would have been like to have been in the midst of that. I think it would be a good idea for all of us to tear away from the tv for awhile and so something else. We can say a lot of prayers for everyone.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 02:18 PM   #14
Tuor
Elminster

As a member of the journalism fraternity myself I do understand the complaints but I would expect (not working in TV) the reason they keep showing the same footage is because they haven't got anything else to show.

Macabre as it is producers would prefer to show the plane crash than shots of anchor men and women in the studio, the other point is and this is the biggy, They have to show it a)in case anyone missed it first time round and b) because if they don't someone else will be and if that happens their advertisers will start getting itchy and viewers will migrate to other channels that are showing it.

A lot of people have said they have been watching footage all day so there can't be too much wrong with what is being shown and if you don't like it you can always switch off.

I don't wish to be confrontational or upsaet anyone but as I've posted before our job is just to report on what has happened and we're doing it. This is the biggest story this year (probably this decade) and it will be done to death. There is absolutely no reason to sensationalise it-an accusation which is often unfairly thrown at the press I hasten to add, the story and footage speaks for itself.

For what its worth I have seen hardened newshacks breaking down in tears just reading reports coming in and watching footage on the television. we are the same as you guys, so please don't condemn us all for doing what most members of the public want.
Old 09-12-2001, 02:19 PM   #15
MagiK

Thats why I listen to talk radio You don't get barraged with the same video over and over again and usually you get better info on the radio too.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-12-2001, 02:20 PM   #16
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I hear ya! It gets old. I'm watching Jag now.

I play CRPG's and have the Sci-Fi channel on the tube

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.