Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2002, 09:31 PM   #21
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by purre:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I wish that where the case, Johnny, but I find that I don't fit it. Things change when people realize what I have. I was seeing someone for a few months lately, the first person I've seen since my wife passed away, but I told her yesterday how much I'm worth and things changed. She started talking about what she could buy and what she could do and planning a long term future when none of this had come up before. Once again, forgive me, I'm feeling a little bummed right now. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]
I miss my wife very much. I miss you baby!
I am very sorry about that,Animal. It is not right to act like she did.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the kind words purre. This certainly wasn't meant as a self pitty thread, but it seems the people on this forum are the only ones I can "talk" to. My daughter is ten, but some things I just can't discuss with her, you know. Go figure, two years ago, if someone told me I'd be pouring my sould out to people over the internet I would have told them they were crazy!
Old 11-22-2002, 09:42 PM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Animal, don't lock yourself out because you have more rocks than the average man in the street. how about old buddies ? do they act different too now ?
Old 11-22-2002, 09:42 PM   #23
purre
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words purre. This certainly wasn't meant as a self pitty thread, but it seems the people on this forum are the only ones I can "talk" to. My daughter is ten, but some things I just can't discuss with her, you know. Go figure, two years ago, if someone told me I'd be pouring my sould out to people over the internet I would have told them they were crazy!
I feel like that too.None of my friends would have understood the problem I had like people here understood.
It does you good to chat with people of your problems,I will say this to you too,if you have anything on your mind,I am always ready to talk. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2002, 09:47 PM   #24
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Animal, don't lock yourself out because you have more rocks than the average man in the street. how about old buddies ? do they act different too now ?
Some, but I've got one real good bud who has always been there through thick and thin, a real good guy. I guess I was more concerned with making money than making friends.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:48 PM   #25
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by purre:
quote:
Thanks for the kind words purre. This certainly wasn't meant as a self pitty thread, but it seems the people on this forum are the only ones I can "talk" to. My daughter is ten, but some things I just can't discuss with her, you know. Go figure, two years ago, if someone told me I'd be pouring my sould out to people over the internet I would have told them they were crazy!
I feel like that too.None of my friends would have understood the problem I had like people here understood.
It does you good to chat with people of your problems,I will say this to you too,if you have anything on your mind,I am always ready to talk. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]You're one in a million, purre. Your kind words and caring attitude mean a lot.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:50 PM   #26
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Animal, I am truly sorry for your loss. I hope I never have to cross that bridge with Belle....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:53 PM   #27
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Animal, I am truly sorry for your loss. I hope I never have to cross that bridge with Belle....
Cherish her Azred! Tell her what she means to you everyday and don't take anything for granted.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:02 PM   #28
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
I ask, because I am in that position right now, but I'm only 30 and feel that I have a few good years of working left.
You are a multi millionaire ?[/QUOTE]My net worth is over 3 million.[/QUOTE]Well, enough is enough only when you decide it is. If you have enough to live out the rest of your life comfortably that should be enough, in the personal sense, but you could keep going beyond that to give it to worthy causes, if you enjoy what you do.

Congrats on your finacial(sp? I can't spell it because I'm not familiar with it ) security.

Off topic, but I am curious, how did the recent economic downturn effect your investments? I know it hit our family's investments pretty hard.

Congrats Again!
Old 11-22-2002, 10:03 PM   #29
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well Animal, you could also look at it like this, right now you are in a little crisis, a crisis that only exists in your mind. In reality you have at least one very good friend, and you have the tools to make sure your daughter has a good life. You yourself will eventually accept the fruits of life again. i'm sorry about your loss, but life goes on, as harsh as it may sound. I wish you all the luck and happiness in the future.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:07 PM   #30
Charean
Hathor

Animal, I know this doesn't help now, but you are really better off without her. You sound like you may have been a bit focused on making money for a while, but you have your head above water now.

Since you are young, your chances are good you will find someone who genuinely doesn't see the bank account as your worth. After all, there is more to a man. What you may need to do is find out who you are without work. [img]smile.gif[/img]