Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-04-2001, 08:36 PM   #11
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I don't know what's up with the water here (pubic city water)
That's some pretty bad water I don't know if I would want pubic water.

Are you sure the base water is that alkaline?, because starting a new tank espaecially after moving tends to make the pH shoot afterward before it cycles

------------------
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-04-2001, 08:37 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
I don't know what's up with the water here (pubic city water), but don't really have any influence on the matter except for the ol' Sodium Biphosphate. I swear my eyes just about popped out of my head when I did the red (High PH) test. Two drops and it was PURPLE!! Luckily, my fish are African Cichlids and a couple of Syndidontis (sp?) catfish, who live in a high PH environment, but I have to wonder if they can take it this high! Especially since they have been used to the old house's water, which was actually a bit low for them at 7.8. Quite a difference. Luckily, we brought most of the fish tank water to the new house and used an extra tank to store it in before we brought the fish over. So now I'm slowlllly introducing them to the new water. So far so good, but as time progresses, you know, the old house's water will be gone and it will be all 10PH not incase I Sodium Biphosphate it, which is such a PAIN to do!! Sorry to rant here, but you are the only one who knows what I'm talking about on this board re this particular subject!
I understood you just fine,sis! Had fancy Goldfish for years....talk about picky!

Hey turboboss! Charlie has had some connection troubles. His bro is doing work on the computer again. So he's on and off. Should get all fixed soon, I hope! I can't play tomorrow but FRIDAY is ago if we can all do it. LadyZ? You know you have a standing invite, right?!

And no speed limit is gonna hold ME back, elfboss! HEHEHE....

Turbo! Do me a favor, babe? Go to the Female Gamers thread and check in and say hi to the ladies? We're getting a headcount for an unofficial male/female gamer ratio.

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-04-2001, 08:40 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:

Are you sure the base water is that alkaline?, because starting a new tank espaecially after moving tends to make the pH shoot afterward before it cycles
ROTFL!!!! LadyZekke did a Cloudy typo!LadyZekke did a Cloudy typo!LadyZekke did a Cloudy typo! ROTFL ROTFL!!!!!!

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-04-2001, 08:45 PM   #14
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Turbo! Do me a favor, babe? Go to the Female Gamers thread and check in and say hi to the ladies? We're getting a headcount for an unofficial male/female gamer ratio.

Cloudy

will do!

------------------
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-04-2001, 08:52 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
will do!
Thanks! I've invited others to come to the General Discussion Forum from the larger game forums too.

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-04-2001, 08:54 PM   #16
turbovee
Elminster

I noticed a whole lot of new names in this arena. Your doing Cb? If so you have earned your title as welcome wagon

------------------
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-04-2001, 09:06 PM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:

Nah, this was a test I took straight from the tap in the new house. And I didn't start a "new tank" so as to avoid "new tank syndrome". Got about 80% of the original tank water over here to the new house so I could slowly get them used to the new water.

------------------
Old 04-04-2001, 09:11 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
I noticed a whole lot of new names in this arena. Your doing Cb? If so you have earned your title as welcome wagon
Working on it! So is Memny and a few others...Look for a thread here by Sazerac about being new to Gen Discussion forum should be back a few pgs. He's the moderator at Wizardry8 and we flushed him out along with several others. Very nice!

The board is starting to look more like we are all one Ironworks community and not little separate villages. I like that! Variety is the Spice of Life!

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-04-2001, 09:13 PM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LadyZ, how many tanks did you say you had? Big ones, I think, too! That is one heck of a lot of water to move!!!

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-04-2001, 09:27 PM   #20
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Nah, this was a test I took straight from the tap in the new house. And I didn't start a "new tank" so as to avoid "new tank syndrome". Got about 80% of the original tank water over here to the new house so I could slowly get them used to the new water.

ack!

It's obvious you know what you're doing so I won't bother to ask anymore silly questions. How are your fish adjusting? I had several combinations of african and south american fish. My favorite was a tank busting 3 1/2 foot clown knife. I eventually went to salt water and after my energy prices went through the roof I gave up fish all together.

------------------
Peace and hair grease