Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2003, 01:58 AM   #1
Faceman
Hathor

As I'm playing BGT and the first release (which I downloaded) obviously had some mod parts installed I came across improved Abazigal. Now although I have finished SoA a lot of times I never used anything more difficult than core-rulse and certainly none of the "improved" fights because I find them unrealistic and cheesy (what's the point in planning ahead a tactic? My character can't possibly know how many dragons are inside, where they are located and what is the best course of action against them).
I like battles which are tough but decided on the spot in the first run before I even know what is coming (so I admit I do, but I don't organize my spellbook and rest before it).
Anyway I beat him after some tries but he was way less tougher than his cheesy girlfriend. My party is PC-Blade,Sarevok,Minsc,Mazzy,Aerie,Imoen
Here is how they fell:
  • On my first try I went in and immediately cast Time Stop with Imoen (Robe of Vecna) and Aerie (Amulet of Power). Imoen cast Improved Alacrity in her Timestop and unloaded some 5 ADhWs, 2 Dragon Breaths, 1 Comet, and some other stuff. Aerie cast 3 AdHWs. Kills: One Frost Salamander and Abazigal turning tossing my party all around the room for some minutes before I could watch them die.
  • On my second try I concentrated on Tamah who seemed to be the biggest problem. But regardless of what I did to her magically (LR 120%, GM, 10 Skull Traps, 2 DragonBreath, 7 AdhW) she never took one single damagepoint. I then Ctrl+Qed her to see her resistances. Now that gal cheesily has not only 125 res to every elemental dmg but also to magical damage which means if I lower her normal MR to get AdhW past her defenses it would actually heal her
  • On my third try I though, well if she is immune to magical dmg but not the effects I kill her straight = lower MR 120%, GM, Doom, 7 Fingers of Death and 7 Chromatic Orbs. I tried that several times but she never fell (she actually never made a save so I guess she's just immune to that too.
  • On my fourth and final try I unloaded my spellbook on the small drakes without much effect but I decided to do it the dirty way. I started hacking them down with lots of GWW only to discove that Tamah was immune to everything but Minsc's Ravager+6 and I had to cast some removal spells on her whih proved difficult as she had Immunity:Abjuration active. I don't know how I managed it but it certainly helped that I had not left the entry area and therefore was never tossed away farther than a few meters. Once Tamah and her children were gone I handed out some of the 70 potions of invisibility Sarevok keeps in his third potion bag since the beginning of ToB and thus became only visible to Abazigal who obviously doesn't care about invis. While Immy ran in circles followed by him Minsc, Mazzy and Sarevok finished the remaining Frost Salamanders. Mazzy then took out human Abazigal and made him turn at which point I was lucky to be able to make a quicksave. Before he arrived at my party my Blade was able to set a Spike Trap and shortly after Aerie cast her remaining Time Stop. As it turns out Abazigal is not so invulnerable to horrid wiltings and with some remaining GWWs from Mazzy's Gesen bow and the last few spells in Imoen's spellbook + the few offensive spells of my Blade he finally fell after Aerie had dispatched a Sequencer of three Skull traps.
facit: Improved Abazigal is a wimp but his girlfriend is mightily tough.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:37 AM   #2
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

WOW faceman you seem to be excited with the new MODs you just installed you have been posting everywhere about them.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:27 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

You mean Tamah? Yes he/she is a tough one. Did you play on Insane?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote