Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2003, 03:04 AM   #31
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Still no news or leads, LK? I guess the rumor of the granparents and Mexico is something at least a little positive to hold onto... this is just so sad!
Yes. I hope she is playin with some kids somewhere in a back yard......
...F__K...F__K...!!!!This completely sucks! .....
I hate not being able to do something so close to home...
Old 02-24-2003, 07:18 PM   #32
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
They not only questioned him, they polygraphed everyone.
The girl wanted to go the whole time. She went to get money from mom. The man says he left before she came out, becouse he didnt know she wanted to go. That was the last time anyone has seen her.
Polygraphs aren't that hard to beat if you know how to control your emotions and feelings. Seems a little odd if you ask me.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:55 PM   #33
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I hope they find out the truth soon. The longer it goes on, the more likely its real bad news.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:46 AM   #34
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Are you still looking for a picture of the girl to post? I have one, but I can't access my site to post it on there to link to it from work. If you can post it and still want it, PM me your email address and I'll email it to you.
After seeing the picture, I realized that I had seen a news report about her when she first went missing, but then they've never said anything about her since, so I had thought they found her. I'm so sorry to hear that they haven't and that our news stations find this to be so "mundane" as to not keep the rest of us up-to-date on it. I wish they would.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:54 AM   #35
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

This does suck LK. You did more than many could have. I just don't know what to say. I was praying while I read this...She won't be forgotten. We do care and it's ok to feel the frustration. I have to go to work...I'll check back tonight.

God Bless.

EDIT:

This kind of thing seems to happen alot. Of course even once is too many times. But, we have all seen this in the news before and let ourselves become emotionally involved. It's not that we don't care, but that we care too much. It hurts and frightens us when we think about it. Many turn away to save themselves from that very pain. It's a survival gimick. I have been thinking about this all day. Yes it does hurt. But, we are bystanders who can't help in any way that would make us feel better. As a man, I would rather be out looking for this girl than sitting here talking about it. The mere physical act of moving and searching would be a balm to ease the pain something like this brings into our lives. But, I am not there and can't help search. So, like many I pray and hope.
It's all I can do.

So even if we don't respond understand we do care...

[ 02-25-2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Wulfere ]