Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2000, 12:42 AM   #1
Bewildered

Where is the blade of the equalizer??? I've got the hilt and the pommel jewel. I'm currently just out of the Illithid Arena, killed the ogre.

Question No. 2: What is the best and most risk-free way of killing mind flayers???

Old 11-26-2000, 12:58 AM   #2
Armisael

The blade of the equalizer is on the corpse of an elder orb beholder, in the beholder lair. It's just south of the entrance to the illithid lair, and the elder orb with the equalizer blade is right at the dungeon's entrance. Careful with those things, they can imprison you.
I still haven't found an 'easy' way to kill illithid. I thought using stoneskin and mirror image with my fighter and then chopping them up systematically would work, but even if they don't actually do damage to you with their attack, they still drain intelligence. I have absolutely no idea. You could use potions of genius and mind focusing to give your characters more time to fight them before they finish munching on your brains, but that's all I can think of, aside from summoning a Mordie's Sword to take them all on. Just make sure you cast chaotic commands on the sword.