Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 10:41 AM   #1
Tiamat
Banned User

The ladies will NEVER understand what + why we do those nice things that you take to heart.........
We be nice to you- Tis a good start, but you just lead us into your little web of deceit, and trickery.
When we think we know your mind.... thne you can just change it and we have start from the bottom up. I dont mean that they actually weave webs of deceit..... it just you like playing games with us...... nd that sum times hurts. Im getting this from 250's perspective, and others.

------------------
Dt'laqano, Lich of Trademeet
Old 11-02-2001, 11:03 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

Of course Tiamat - it stands to reason that 51% of the population of the world are all exactly the same, scheming and plotting, whereas the male population are of course all different and diverse individuals.
Don't take offence, but I sometimes get a bit fed up with all this 'women are all...' bs.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 11-02-2001, 11:06 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Too true Epona...

But then I have had my fair share of bad womenry... hehe no offense but the girls I encounter here are nothing but materialistic... you know what... it is better there and here in thisi forum that I encounter women of mature nature and attitude... or at least warm and receptive... and of all ages.. UNLIKE HERE... sorry had to make my rant there...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Once Upon A Paper
Old 11-02-2001, 11:07 AM   #4
Garnet

Agreed, Epona!

There are a great deal more of us who are NOT like the females described above. It's kind of like the ol "one bad apple spoils the whole barrel" idea, tho. No one remembers us 'good' ones--only the ones who find satisfaction in tearing the guts out of someone.

------------------
~Garnet FalconDance~

• Guardian of the Forests
  • Ranger-Protectoress of Ironworks
  • Scourge of Hobgoblins and Assorted Bad Nasties Everywhere![/list]

Old 11-02-2001, 11:07 AM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Of course Tiamat - it stands to reason that 51% of the population of the world are all exactly the same, scheming and plotting, whereas the male population are of course all different and diverse individuals.
Don't take offence, but I sometimes get a bit fed up with all this 'women are all...' bs.

Well, Epona, i coach i womens team and take it from me, they are all the same. I haven't met one who didn't bitch about the others. Of course there are differences to each single person but when it comes down to this, they are all the same. And maybe you are just the exception to the rule.

------------------
JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves

Forest runner and first gnomish demiranger-protector with slightly rougueish tendencies and a natural dislike for Aerie
Old 11-02-2001, 11:10 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Epona Epona Epona, I, for one, never meant to generalize on "all women are.."
but you do have to understand that things do run over line here, from time to time. the words I said when I am frustrated don't really count, ok? and

I am sorry if any of my comments offended you, to that matter, ANY female member here

ahem, you have 250's apology, go cash it!
anyway, and thanks sincerely to those female members who offered help selflessly, let me name them:
Melsuine, Moni, Epona, Garnet, Ladyzekke, Cloudy, Fljotsdale, Mystra, DragonMage, Reeka, Bahamut

If I missed anyone, please let me know. you ladis are so selfless in regard to my 'vicious' but unintentional generalizations. **250 bows to all females**

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 11-02-2001).]
Old 11-02-2001, 11:13 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Tiamat, sorry to disagree with you

in truth, only very few people (not just woman) are like that. some, like this person I know of, acts that way for a reason. it is ONLY reasonable, providing you understand the source of their frustrations

people do tend to generalize when they are frustrated by things they dont undestand. that way, they think they have knowledge such things. they don't
Old 11-02-2001, 11:14 AM   #8
Sorcerer Alex

I agree with Epona, I don't think women should be made such an issue of. We shouldn't really even differentiate between men and women in most situations, so I think all these posts are a bit unnecesaary

------------------
Later,

Old 11-02-2001, 11:14 AM   #9
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

WEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEAAAAAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

250! I am NOT female!!! Where on EARTH did you get that idea??? I am you FATHER remember? Are you nuts? I just gave a rant about women and here you are again after lashing my name you lash out my gender? How absurd!!!

Well I am sad to hear that JR Jansen.. sometimes life is the one that bitches around and all of are just caught up in some game that tangles us all up... women may be thinking we are also bitching ourselves versus other guys or stuff like that...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Once Upon A Paper
Old 11-02-2001, 11:16 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God