Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
Elfin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Happy leveling up and multiclassing

I was given an option to multiclass to an arcane archer at a
lower level but declined. I want to do it but now the game does not allow that option. Ant ideas?
Elfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

Default Re: leveling up and multiclassing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin View Post
I was given an option to multiclass to an arcane archer at a
lower level but declined. I want to do it but now the game does not allow that option. Ant ideas?
Are you playing NWN1 or 2? In NWN1 you have a hard limit of three classes in any combination of base class and/or prestige classes. If you picked up a third class before you went into arcane archer, you can't pick it.

Otherwise I don't know what would take you from eligible to not, since you shouldn't be losing anything, and you must have met the requirements of casting ability (1st level arcane) and race (1/2 elf or full elf) at one point. I think there's a base attack bonus requirement as well, but that should never go down as you level up.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
Elfin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In NW1, Only level 8 Wizard. Meet all prerequirements. Was hoping to force the change. Should have done while had a chance.
Elfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm not sure this would be the issue, but since it is a Prestige Class, you'll only be able to take it on level ups. So you may have to wait until you hit your next level to take it. Just from what's provided here, that would be my guess, anyway.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin View Post
In NW1, Only level 8 Wizard. Meet all prerequirements. Was hoping to force the change. Should have done while had a chance.
Actually you do NOT meet the requirements if you are a single class level 8 wizard. The AA requires a BAB of 6+ and a single class wizard doesn't reach that until level 12. I think you must be mistaken about getting the option earlier. Spell effects that temporarily increase BAB don't count.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/neverwint...canearcher.php

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote