Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

Default Class Questions

Hi guys,

I just have a few questions and was wondering if you nice folk could help me out?

1) can a human fighter dualled to mage us short/longbows?

2) which is better? pureclass paladin or multiclass fighter/cleric (based on combat statistics and casting ability)

3) is a kensai/thief dual really worth the effort? is it that much better than a normal fighter when its something you gain so late in the game?

4) in tutu or the fixpatch, are the wisdom effects on saving throws and the grand mastery fix re-implemented into the game?

5) thank you very much for your time in answering my questions!
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Default Re: Class Questions

1) Yes--AFTER he reactivates his Fighter half. (Take the link in my sig and read Chapter 5.)
2) "Yes," he said, with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. (Each has different benefits and relative drawbacks, and everything depends on knowing precisely what sort of character you want to play. So try 'em both and see which one you like better. Both are quite good builds.)
3) That depends on whether or not you're experienced enough at the game to survive running around naked for almost all of SoA, and cheesy enough to not mind the jarring notion that "Hm, even though Thieves can't wear anything heavier than Elven Chainmail and Kensai hate wearing any armor at all, suddenly I'm decked out in Full Plate. How ironic."
4) No patch, fixpack, or mod incorporates a Wisdom modifier for any saving throws--the game doesn't support it. The only stat modifier that has any effect is Consitution: Dwarves with high CON get bonuses to their Saves vs. Death, Wands and Spells, and Gnomes with the same CON get identical bonuses vs. Wands and Spells. I'm not sure about the Grandmastery fix, I thought it was part of the Fixpack but it doesn't seem to be implemented in the testing I'm doing now.
5) That's not a question.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

Default Re: Class Questions

thanks heaps six! Your a true treasure to the BG community and have been for years!

If somebody could answer my technical issues in the other thread i'd be just as grateful!

Thanks!
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote