Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

Default BG Tutu LAN play

Hi everyone,

I've long toyed with the idea of getting back into the BG series and running through tutu. But i would enjoy it much more if I could tutu with my friends via tcp/ip or direct connection!

I'm wondering, does having tutu installed create issues with LAN play? or is it even possible?

Also if some computers are using Vista, does this create a problem?

Thanks for any help!
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: BG Tutu LAN play

TuTu will work fine over LAN, according to the PocketPlane TuTu Forum. Now comes the hard part...it is difficult (not impossible) to get Vista networked with XP systems. It can be done, but the process is involved and is best researched by you. Google "networking Vista and XP" and you will get MANY results. Good Luck!

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:19 AM   #3
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for your help!

I've got one more quick question regarding tutu. When you complete Tutu, can you export your characters after the final battle and drop them straight into SOA? I see no reason why this couldn't be done?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #4
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Well, I imported CHARNAME from BG1 TuTu to SoA for my Enigma run. So I don't see why you couldn't import any multiplayer created PC's.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks Elfbane!

Just one more question haha!

I'm planning on playing with only few friends and it would be great to not require a theif. Is there a mod that removes all traps from BG tutu? I hear the EaseofUse mod removes all traps but does it do this with BG1? Also would all computers need Ease of Use installed or just the host?

Thanks mate!!

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-28-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

BG2 Tweak pack at Gibberlings3 will do that. Ease of Use has pretty much been absorbed into other Mods, and some mods say DON'T install vanilla EoU. AAMOF Weimer's very own website sez to use the G3 mod...http://weidu.org/ease.html

That being said, removing traps/locks will take a lot of the role-play out of the game.....but you pays your money,,,,and takes your pick.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks Elfbane. You've been a great help!