Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 05:23 AM   #11
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

much easier thanks
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:15 AM   #12
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

No worries.

Is it useful for you guys if I tell you in here when I add new installments, and the date I add them.

This is because I usually add 2 or 3 at once and it may save re-reading.

Just letting you guys know that the Merick kinda does many side quests in the early stages to get the XP and equipment needed to solo the game. I've tweaked the map ever so slightly in places to make this work better (and even left out some parts i've actually done) but after the adventure is complete i will do a very quick point form check of where i went and what i did so you guys can see [img]smile.gif[/img]
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:33 AM   #13
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
My one problem is that he's way too smart for someone with a 5 intelligence. I doubt your average 9-intelligence character would be able to figure out basilisks from petrified people without encountering one personally.

But hey, I'm a stickler, so make of that what you will.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #14
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

Hey illumina, long time no see [img]smile.gif[/img] thanks for reading as well. Hope you continue to join me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yes, i would have given him a much higher intellegence score but to make it feasibly possible for a role playing chaotic evil to pass when not using any mods i needed a high charisma due to needing to purchase bulk potions for the final battles in both games (i'll prob use grand mastery mod in BG2 but that is it [img]smile.gif[/img] ). I'm not using virtue so i guess you can imagine all but 3 cha put into intell and some wisdom to make him seem more like he is.

... the wisdom is high because i forgot that BG doesn't implement the wisdom saving throws...

You will see why i've done this... things are going to get very bloody soon...

[ 04-04-2007, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Rockstar ]
Old 04-08-2007, 01:53 AM   #15
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I think the high Charisma will satisfy me- If you were Chaotic Evil with a low Charisma I'd probably comment on how improbable it would be for him to not be hunted down by angry townsfolk with pitchforks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Keep up the writing.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #16
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

cheers

comments like that are what will keep me writing happily [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #17
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

three new installments peoples.

- the lighthouse
- nashkel a town with troubles part I
- nashkel a town with troubles part II

Merick's true colours are just barely starting to emerge [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2007, 06:06 AM   #18
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

New installments:

- captain brage
- journey to nashkel mines
- greywolf

things are about to speed up soon but please read all the progress so far as i have tweaked a few things...
Old 04-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #19
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I've been reading your story, Rockstar, and I like it so far. [img]smile.gif[/img] Quite innovative and a wonderful use of description. I especially like how you didn't name the 'magic missile' spells. I also like how short the battles are; you don't faff around and elongate them, which is nice to read.

One thing I have noticed though is that your dwarf doesn't seem to take a lot of damage. I don't know if this is because of how the game goes or not, but you might want to try adding a couple more nicks and bruises, or perhaps arrows getting lodged - or deflected - in his armour or the like. Aside from that, I can't really say much, except keep on writing. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #20
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks very much. Read on... the next chapter Merick gets a bit of his own back.

Those who liked it so far I urge you to read up from where you were because there is a lot of subtle character development that comes in each chapter, and it is really starting to come out now.

Thanks so much for those that are reading. If I didn't have an audience I wouldn't be doing this but I am really enjoying this! Got some great ideas for later on too [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don't be affraid to critique. I love the feedback [img]smile.gif[/img]

New installments

- secret of the mines
CHAPTER 3
- departing from nashkel
- the hobbit town of gullykin