Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2004, 06:27 PM   #1
Jim
Quintesson

May contain chapter 2 spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Is it actually possible to rescue the thralls from the slave pen in Zorvak'mur? After slaying the warden and getting his key, all the thralls, including who I presume to be the leader "Argosus" were hostile, and attacking them moved me towards evil!! I decided to leave them alone for a time, and completed "dealing" with the master brain. When I went back to the slave pens, all were neutral *except* Argosus, so again, I couldn't initiate any dialogue with them. Is there some special nack to completing this quest, or is this some infernal bug that has thus far been overlooked? Have you guys had any luck here?

Thanks.

[ 01-17-2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 08:08 PM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

im also having that kind of trouble actually.. so i just left him alone.. in my previous game i was able to talk to him although i dont know how.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 12:16 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I was able to free the thralls without any trouble. This is the path I followed:

After having cleared the undead cult, I went to the illithid lair. Freed the slave at the auction and ordered her to carry a message back to the seer. Got an audience with the Elder brain. Attacked the elder brain and killed him (after a diversion). Cleared the entire lower level and went back upstairs. Upper level is non-hostile. Went to the slave pits. Killed the warden and everything else on that level except for the slaves. Went and talked to Argosus. He wants to take his shot at freedom NOW - so I rush upstairs and kill everything upstairs. All the slaves make it out safely for much rejoicing and much xp. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:50 AM   #4
Jim
Quintesson

Thanks Micah, I'll try that technique on my next play through. The only thing you did differently to me, was that you destroyed the Elder Brain before speaking to Argosus.

I still think there's a bug here however, because apparently one can convince Argosus not to attempt his escape until you have consulted the Elder Brain, which would involve speaking to Argosus beforehand (he was always hostile in my last game - even when I reverted to an older save before I had entered the Illithid city - strange)

[ 01-28-2004, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:08 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

That would likely require either a high charisma or high persuade/intimidate skill. Neither was an option for my character (brute force dwarven fighter tends to slice through things and then ask questions - lol). I DO know that the Elder Brain area IS buggy.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote