Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-31-2001, 06:53 AM   #1
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

All right, I have both the real and the fake illithium for Sir Sarles. I'm told that I can give him the fake illithium and he won't notice, so that I can use the real illithium to upgrade a weapon. However, I just gave him the fake illithium and he noticed and got mad. I reloaded, of course. Is there any way to give him the fake illithium without him noticing?

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-31-2001, 06:59 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

If you take the fake illithium to the Temple after Sir Sarles has rejected it, they assume that the lump of alloy is the completed statue, and reward you anyway.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-31-2001, 07:05 AM   #3
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Okay, I roleplayed my honest, Lawful Good character and gave him the real stuff... too bad, I would've liked that mace, but I can't live with such a guilty conscience .
Old 10-31-2001, 07:23 AM   #4
Zbyszek

I would consider that mace again if you still have save. It gives you after upgrade protection from level drains, there is a chance to instantly kill undead and will be +2.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:40 AM   #5
Skunk
Banned User

Don't worry - your conscience is safe. The priests KNOW that it isn't Sarles work but want it anyway and actually state that they prefer the ore to a piece from Sarles...

So go ahead and reload!