Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-04-2001, 07:59 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Sojourner, keep us posted on where thy journeys take thee. A wandering minstrel thou art truly! Yorick the Skald? Methinks Yorick the Jester suits thee better. 'Twould be great to use this thread as "Travels of the Sojourner" to keep us in the loop!

This be well and truly off topic so be warned all!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2001, 08:09 AM   #12
Stealth Bomber

That's a hell of a walkabout man! Where are you going in Britain? If its anywhere up North near Scotland, let me know and I can buy you a warm pint of heavy with a whiskey chaser to make up for my crack about you and Moiraine. But then again you did say you were meeting up...

Seriously I would love to get together. It's only fitting two such warped minds should meet!

Old 02-04-2001, 08:14 AM   #13
Ramon

Enjoy !

So long,

Ramon

Old 02-04-2001, 11:53 AM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Found it:
Donut - www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk

Man, I'm in a warzone here, in a gamezone/internet cafe surrounded by Chinese and Malays playing counterstrike at HIGH VOLUME! It's one huge explosion (LOL). Needless to say my tinitus affected ears are being protected by earplugs.
I'm going to bail in a tic and take a 'Comfort Cab' back to the house I've been put up in. Cabs are bloody cheap here and most plentiful.

I've got to say the food continues to be a revelation, always a new and different dish. I had a meal with some ex pats from Canada/Britain/Australia earlier (instead of the locals I've been with). All of them had come here for a short while and ended up staying for ages. And the food was all stuff I'd never had.

Anyone here had a Durian BTW? Bahamut, Mem or Zor? If you have you'll be pleased to know I had my second one today. For those who haven't it is the most foul smelling fruit around - smells like vomit. The effect is similar to a french cheese I suppose smell=bad, taste=good. The taste is like a bizarre combination of strawberries and onions.
Old 02-04-2001, 11:57 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Durian? Of course I have! It smells like absolute shit but tastes quite good. You haven't had balut yet, I don't know if they have it in Singapore. I can't have it myself but my dad loves it. I'll leave it to Zor or Bahamut to explain what it is...
Old 02-04-2001, 01:01 PM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

An Im sure its gonna pay off... now I envy people who can go places... haaay.... And I have this certain liking of M2M! Have you guys heard of them!
Old 02-04-2001, 01:22 PM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

The Norwegian duo? Now why would a young lad like yourself like a couple of girls like that eh?

I'll keep the Phillipines in mind Bahamut. I'll be heading back this way after all.

Also don't envy me Bahamut, I've had my share of bad knocks this last couple of years. This is something I've wanted to do and aimed for. I love travel and so prioritised it above things like replacing my crashed car for example.
Old 02-04-2001, 08:53 PM   #18
Armisael

You lucky bastard, Yorick. I've never even set foot outside this country. Have a bloody good time and tell us if anyone was exaggerating on the 'what do you look like' post. ; )

Old 02-05-2001, 03:55 AM   #19
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

HEY HEY HEY!!! i missed this one... sorry if im late in repling... heheheh!!!

i for one never liked balut... (makes me feel wierd...) but its good!!
century egg is the best!!!
i noticed that us asians have a unique sense when it comes to food... man... you western people never experienced these kinds of food... let me give you a hint when your going to eat here in asia "IGNORANCE IS A BLISS"... its good but you dont want to know what it is...
try eating some
Durian??? - hmm.. sorry ... i eat the food but not memorize it... i check it out...

i agree with bahamut about meeting you here if your passing by the Philippines ... it would be great finally meeting ya Yorick boy!!! (with bahamut too!!)

its fun i guess to travel finally around the world and meeting your friends here in the board in person... say hi to Moraine and the rest of the gang also... im sure it would be fun for you...

you noticed CS (counterstrike) its way popular here in the lan games (computer for rent) ... apparently those owners of those gaming systems are making lots of moolah.. and those guys are diehard fanatics... belive me you dont wanna bet with them ... they play everyday for like 3 hrs at least... its really popular here for 2 years now... i only play oncein a while since it is so addicting...

oh yeah... if your passing by the Philippines... Bahamut and I can show you where you can get the cheapest and the best pirated stuff ... a music cd is only 1.50 dollor and a pcgame is only 4 dollars and a playstation game (1) is only 1 buck ... all latest and all the best!!!
Old 02-05-2001, 04:13 AM   #20
draconia

I guess I have never read a post explaining this. What do you do Yorick? I can guess that you sing and play an instrument. It sure sounds like a lot of fun traveling all over. Hope you have fun on your travels.