Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-13-2005, 06:11 PM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Yes, more of me asking questions - but this time, not about classes! Anyway, SPOILERS below, in case you missed the title by any remote chance
---

In my first run through HotU I managed to snag Deekin and the drow girl for the second chapter. I know in the first one, you may only take the said two (I looked in the toolset and that idiot Halaster sends back all the Neverwinter Henchmen, grr... I want my elf cleric); but transfering to chapter three?

Well, the first time, I'd spent quite a bit more time working through the chapter but decided I didn't want my ranger class - so I restarted from the beginning (actually, I dled Chewie's mod and stripped all my XP down to 0, kept my equipment from SoU and put my level back to fifteen, but I digress) and whizzed through the first chapter. But now, I'm right at the end of the second (actually, at the start of the third) and when I ask for my companions, this time it only says the Drow girl. Well, I want my Deekin. Having my kobolt slave along is amusing - and since it's a run from SoU, I want to take him all the way to the finish. Then maybe, I'll reload and try Aribeth. But anyway, the dialogue says 'I can't think of any more'. To use an Americanism, 'what gives?' Do I need to spend more time talking to Deeking. I can always redo chapter 2, or reload and spend more time wandering around... but... really, I'd rather not. I have to wonder if it's some sort of trigger, but when I opened up the toolset, I couldn't find it. Not that I looked too hard, but...

Given that I've not completed Chapter 3 yet, I would like to - but again, with my kobolt and my drow. *grumbles*

In addition, there's a place in the toolset I've not been to - it's called 'Peaceful Clearing'. What is it, how do I get there and... and... why can't I make a golem? I know I'm not a magic user, but I can't make my henchmen activate class-specific non-weapon/rod items. It's immensely frustrating. Give them a nice robe, cloak or ring, with properties that have cast-per-day/charge and they won't activate them...

~~~

My second question is: right at the end of chapter 1, you get three Henchmen: X, X, & Drow Girl. Now, what I want to know is, has anyone made a mod supporting multiple Henchmen beyond the two that HotU allows? Or, better yet, a Hakpak? One that can be implimented into the OC, SoU and HotU? I know the offical mods are 'read only', but I'm sure there are ways to tamper with them... anyone found out how? Besides copying/pasting/backing-up/taking-off-read-only ? Because, really, I'd love to have a party in the game - even if it's just two Henchmen in the OC and SoU... I mean, if they did it in HotU, there has to be a way, right?

And finally, can Henchmen use/summon Animal Companions/Familiars?
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:14 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Once you have completed the chapters, you should be able to open them in the tool set. Once you do that, you can edit them as you see fit, but you must save them with a different name. I'm not sure of the hench scripts for Hordes, but you might, MIGHT, be able to export it from Hordes to any of the other campaigns. I have not tried, so do not know for sure.
Henchmen, or any other npcs, cannot use special item properties. I don't know why, if they can use scrolls, but they can't, a failure in the engine, I guess, and in so far as I'm aware, they don't have animal companions or familiars either.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I do believe there are "full party| modules out there which may give you up to five characters to work with. Not a single one alters the main campaign for NeverWinter Nights. You'd have to do a LOT of searching though - probably through both your favourite search engine AND the NeverWinter Vault. I have not come into contact with any of them myself, though. And I should let you know there is supposed to be a program that - if used correctly (also found on the NeverWinter vault) allows you to create your own henchmen using characters you have played before.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #4
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

okay, as best as I could find the henchmen hack files for NeverWinter Nights:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...Detail&id=2568
(OHS System - make your own henchmen using other characters you have played)

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...Detail&id=4510
(Tony K's henchmen alteration package, containing so much good stuff you'd swear it was a pita.)

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=177
(guide for making henchmen for modules.)

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=231
(gudie for making animal familiars for yourself and animal companions for your henchmen, module makers only.)

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=249
(and yes, a builder's kit, specifically for those hardcore module makers. only to be used with NWN that has not been altered with SOU and HOTU)

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...Detail&id=2306
(this is the NEW, LATEST version of that same set of scripts, for use with SOU and HOTU)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Oh! Thank you .
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote